Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Brand new pc build randomly freezing after a week. Freaking out.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dispenser

Dispenser

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 18 May 2018 - 08:53 PM

http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/8821657

Here is my build. It's been working great for about a week, then last night I started getting random freezing.

Sometimes it's almost immediately after restarting, sometimes it runs for a while without freezing. Temps are good across the board from what I see looking at cpu and gpu. Happens with and without games running, though sometimes starting certain games seems to trigger it.

I did a fresh windows install, and it still freezes on me. Mouse and keyboard become unresponsive, caps lock key does not change the caps lock light on my keyboard, image completely frozen + sound looping if anything is playing, etc.

I'm terrified that i screwed something up in the build process, or that something was damaged somehow. A transformer blew in our town several days back, and we lost power for a second, but the computer was plugged into a surge protector and i shut the psu switch off before power came back on. Not sure if that could do anything?

Everything is still within return period, and I have 1500$ invested here... And I am not very confident in my ability to troubleshoot any of this. I am worried I will have to just return everything to avoid the headache I feel this is going to cause me... can anyone help me? I am currently running memtest and will edit this with the results.

EDIT: memtest results are good.

https://i.imgur.com/AYKGGzU.jpg

Edited by Dispenser, 18 May 2018 - 09:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dispenser

Dispenser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 19 May 2018 - 08:59 PM

Well I seem to have resolved the issue by updating the BIOS. So, there's that.

EDIT: I spoke too soon. It just happened to me again after working all day and night.

Edited by Dispenser, 20 May 2018 - 01:07 AM.

#3 softwaremaniac

softwaremaniac

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 911 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 07 June 2018 - 08:36 PM

Hello, please provide the logs: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

Also, Memtest has to be run overnight for 7-8 passes to verify RAM's actually good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users