I'm trying to enable the Java plugin for either Firefox or IE. I have downloaded and re-installed the plug-in multiple times for both browsers. Both browsers still display the comment to "the java plug-in is not installed." The required version 1.6.0_29
For Firefox I found the instructions below to enable Java. I have not been able to locate the Java team platform on the FF browser. I have Java enabled on IE according the the Java website, however like FF I'm unable to view all the data needed on ADP. I need it to view my work hours. Your thoughts please!
- Open the Firefox browser or restart it, if it is already running
- From the Firefox menu, select Tools, then click the Add-ons option
- In the Add-ons Manager window, select Plugins
- Click Java Platform plugin (Windows) or Java Applet Plug-in (Mac OS X) to select it
- Check that the option selected is Ask to Activate or Always Activate or on older Firefox versions, click on the Enable button (if the button says Disable, Java is already enabled)
- Click Tools and then Internet Options
- Select the Security tab, and select the Custom Level button
- Scroll down to Scripting of Java applets
- Make sure the Enable radio button is checked
- Click OK to save your preference
Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 19 May 2018 - 05:53 PM.
Moved from Win 10 to 'Web browsing software etc.'