Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Enabling Plug-in For ADP Firefox and IE

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 AZrox

AZrox

• Members
  • 114 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 PM

Posted 18 May 2018 - 07:48 PM

Hello all,

I'm trying to enable the Java plugin for either Firefox or IE.  I have downloaded and re-installed the plug-in multiple times for both browsers. Both browsers still display the comment to "the java plug-in is not installed." The required version 1.6.0_29

For Firefox I found the instructions below to enable Java.  I have not been able to locate the Java team platform on the FF browser. I have Java enabled on IE according the the Java website, however like FF I'm unable to view all the data needed on ADP.  I need it to view my work hours.  Your thoughts please!

Firefox

1. Open the Firefox browser or restart it, if it is already running
  2. From the Firefox menu, select Tools, then click the Add-ons option
  3. In the Add-ons Manager window, select Plugins
  4. Click Java ™ Platform plugin (Windows) or Java Applet Plug-in (Mac OS X) to select it
  5. Check that the option selected is Ask to Activate or Always Activate or on older Firefox versions, click on the Enable button (if the button says Disable, Java is already enabled)

Internet Explorer

1. Click Tools and then Internet Options
  2. Select the Security tab, and select the Custom Level button
  3. Scroll down to Scripting of Java applets
  4. Make sure the Enable radio button is checked
  5. Click OK to save your preference

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 19 May 2018 - 05:53 PM.
Moved from Win 10 to 'Web browsing software etc.'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users