Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Are Routers provided by ISPs and tagged as such useable for other ISPs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 coldtowelneeded

coldtowelneeded

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 18 May 2018 - 03:52 AM

I have 2 x Technicolor TG582n routers from different Internets Service Providers.  One of them [Plusnet] keeps going 'ape' and the settings get changed making the router unuseable.  Can the original ISP get into the device and block them?  The other [Utility Warehouse] also had the same problem but at the moment is behaving.

have of course, on both occasions changed the configuration so that my present ISP is providing my internet!  It worked for a few days and then the settings were altered.

The User Management settings were changed from Administrator to Intercept and could not be changed. See attached fileAttached File  Diagnostic intercept.jpg   37.03KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,851 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 18 May 2018 - 02:41 PM

Yes. the   "owner" ISP can control those units as they have the maintinence log ins and can take over control.  Buy your own and be sure to change the password.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users