Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 BSOD BAD_HEADER_POOL after upgrade from Win7

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bonoman

bonoman

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:09 PM

Dell Latitude 7480
Was 64 bit W7, upgraded to 64 bit Win10 on another older Dell.  Bad_pool_header error occurs on *both* Dell HW platforms.
Also was Win7 Pro to Win 10 Pro, Win7 booted no problem.
HW is brand new, but since error occurs on both machines, doubt I have an actual memory problem and diags come back clean
These are both laptops

I can BARELY boot into regular mode.  I can do safe mode w/networking ALL day long.  Problem is, I can't boot into regular mode enough to update any drivers that require Windows installation service.  I can update some in safe mode.  I've disabled all non MS services and removed everything I possible can from the startup.

Currently booting in Legacy mode, not UEFI since the 7480 won't find the boot device when I switch.  I've also tried disabling unncessary network interfaces like virtual VPN adapters, etc hoping something there would give me a clean boot in regular mode.

No matter what though, I can't seem to shake this BAD_HEADER_POOL message that appears.  The Sysnative zip is attached and I think I followed the FAQ to get this thread started successfully. TIA for any helps, suggestions, etc.

I use this image for work and it is VERY customized, so I'm hoping to do anything but start from scratch.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,024 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 PM

Posted 19 May 2018 - 11:09 AM

I can BARELY boot into regular mode.  I can do safe mode w/networking ALL day long.  Problem is, I can't boot into regular mode enough to update any drivers that require Windows installation service.  I can update some in safe mode.  I've disabled all non MS services and removed everything I possible can from the startup.

Can you follow: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

Edited by bwv848, 19 May 2018 - 11:09 AM.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 bonoman

bonoman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 19 May 2018 - 04:36 PM

Ah shoot. I did have the attachment for the tool added to my original post   I always try to follow the rules for posting in new forums.. I ended up doing a reset.  Too much time wasted on a stupid error.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users