Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

constant computer freezes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 esands595

esands595

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 AM

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:47 PM

Over the past couple days my computer has went from freezing here and there to constantly, the only consistent freezes it does is when downloading/updating literally anything. If I restart the pc enough times I sometimes get the download off. It has now gotten so bad I can’t update league of legends even though it should take 5 seconds, this problem isn’t only for that game but literally any game with an update, went to reinstall the game and then I froze just installing the league installer. It also freezes just trying to sign in sometimes or just after start up when nothing is running

When I do freeze it’s not a total freeze, I’m still able to move the mouse around, hear people if I’m a discord call/watching a YouTube video but I can’t open the task manager with ctrl alt delete, I can’t close out any open tasks or open anything new, basically stuck there with the windows I have open and freeze that program if I try to close it. 

I have tried reverting to the old graphics driver because the new one is only a day old and that didn’t work, I tried defraging my hard drives and checking for corruption/fragmentation, nothing besides 1% on one of my hard drives, I’ve tried opening windows in safe mode with networking and freeze there too, I tried safe mode with command prompt and running sfc /scannow and it found nothing. My computer idles at 29-30c so it’s not temp.

under event viewer and under system with critical and error the only ones selected I have a bunch of distributedCOM errors which i heard are harmless, some kernal-power critical errors, event log errors which i think are just from me holding down the power button to shut down the comp when it freezes, and every now and then volmgr errors. About the kernal power error i know every single driver on my computer is up to date because I checked that already.

under application errors I have a whole bunch of bonjour service errors

Not sure what to do as the computer is basically unusuable right now

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dmccoy

dmccoy

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,059 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 AM

Posted 25 May 2018 - 02:34 PM

Does it still freeze in Safe mode? Have you tried Windows Clean Boot to see if the problem continues. If it still freezes when testing these methods then I recommend testing as follows.

Stress Test Your CPU - Prime 95

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16474-prime95-stress-test-your-cpu.html

Select the Blended Test

Record maximum temperatures and duration of testing.

Best to test > 3 hrs and abort testing as needed for freezing, temperature changes, etc

Please use the Microsoft snipping tool to post images to your reply

We are all volunteers so please by kind, courteous and respectful of all staff and members

I try to respond in 24-48 hours normally and I am more active on weekdays than weekends. However, sometimes due to my health, family or life it may take me a little longer. If you have not heard from me within 72 hours then please PM me a reminder. 

BC BSOD Posting Instructions 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users