Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems trying to rotate video

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Toshiba2015

Toshiba2015

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 PM

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:10 PM

I took some videos with my smartphone, and now they play upside down when I play them on any computer but my laptop.  I know I can use a video editor like Movie Maker to rotate them and have done it before.  But this time is different.  When I put the video into the Movie Maker window, it shows it upright.  If I save it that way, it still plays upside down.  I also tried using an online video rotation service and had problems.  I uploaded the video, and it showed it right side up.  I then saved and downloaded it to my flash drive, and it was upside down again.  Then I uploaded it and turned it to upside down and then downloaded it again, and it still plays upside down.

What am I supposed to to do get it turned the way it's supposed to be?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,449 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:10:01 PM

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:22 PM

i would highly recommend using lightworks....its free.....

https://www.lwks.com/

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,895 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:34 PM

If your system...is the only situation where it is reflected upside down...your system is the problem, not the video file.  I would suspect that some file related to playing videos...is corrupt, if you have no other system problems.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 17 May 2018 - 03:50 PM.

#4 violetrose

violetrose

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:52 PM

A common and annoying problem. Link here which might be useful -  :) :

https://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/fix-upside-down-videos-windows-mac/

#5 Toshiba2015

Toshiba2015
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2018 - 03:00 PM

A common and annoying problem. Link here which might be useful -  :) :

https://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/fix-upside-down-videos-windows-mac/

Thanks, but this is actually the first site I came across when I first looked for a solution.  I later discovered that making the adjustment using VLC player only made the video right side up when viewing videos on the computer where I made the adjustment.  Then if I put the same video on a flash drive and tried playing it on a different computer or my Dad's TV, then it was upside down again.  The frustrating thing is that when I try to correct it on my own computer, the video shows right side up when I load it into an editing program.  How do I make it right side up when it shows that it already is that way--until I try to play it on a different device?

Edited by Toshiba2015, 18 May 2018 - 03:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users