Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Repeated Three Beeps Problem? Help!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bwhite13

bwhite13

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 PM

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:20 PM

For a week or two now, my Mac has been glitching and showing glitchy looking bars across the screen and forcing a restart. Occasionally, it will shut down completely after showing the glitchy bars and start to beep thrice. I have had to take out and replace the RAM multiple times now, but it seems like the slightest nudge or simply using the laptop will cause the three beeps issue to happen. 

Help please how I can I stop getting three beeps altogether?!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Twin B

Twin B

• Members
  • 262 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 AM

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:10 PM

Geez if you've replaced the RAM so much and the problem still happens it may be something else like the clips or a heat issue:

mac laptop problem with three beeps and then shutdown

https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/179677/RAM+issue%3A+MacBook+freezes+and+beeps+three+times

Not to make light of it but you REALLY DO have a Bleeping Computer.

I've learned blood is not thicker than money. 

#3 bwhite13

bwhite13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:55 PM

Geez if you've replaced the RAM so much and the problem still happens it may be something else like the clips or a heat issue:

mac laptop problem with three beeps and then shutdown

https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/179677/RAM+issue%3A+MacBook+freezes+and+beeps+three+times

Not to make light of it but you REALLY DO have a Bleeping Computer.

LOL that's for sure! Thanks for the links mate. The way it looks it may actually be a temperature/fan issue. How likely is this? The computer is only about a year old?

#4 iiSplitzii

iiSplitzii

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:36 PM

Hello, three beeps are always related to RAM, you might have have a bad ram slot, if so, you'll have to have Apple or a 3rd party you can trust install a new ram slot that'll hopefully fix a problem. If I may, may you tell me the closest city your located to?

#5 bwhite13

bwhite13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2018 - 08:13 AM

Hello, three beeps are always related to RAM, you might have have a bad ram slot, if so, you'll have to have Apple or a 3rd party you can trust install a new ram slot that'll hopefully fix a problem. If I may, may you tell me the closest city your located to?

Ohh ok! I'll do that. I'm in Hampton, and I contacted a reliable computer repair shop to do this. Fingers crossed that it works. Thank you very much for your help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users