Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Boot is taking place I uSB instead of the hard disk

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kiranchavan

kiranchavan

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:14 AM

I was booting up my cousins PC and installing Windows XP! When I did all the successful methods in booting I got to a screen where it asked in which drive I should install the Operating System. So I get my USB situated there instead if my hard disk and when I try to install or delete the USB it says"Cannot delete/install OS" because this has setup files and I can see a line written in the top of the screen"152678mb at 0 at atapi" something like that and below it's written cannot check disk or something please help I think the hard disk issue I plugged the cable of hard disk and inserted again but no result, Thanks

Edited by Platypus, 17 May 2018 - 07:26 AM.
Deleted duplicate

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nickos

nickos

• Members
  • 230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:27 AM

good afternoon my friends,

simply, is not possible to install windows xp directly on usb 

you have to watch this 

and this

i hope this help

#3 kiranchavan

kiranchavan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 17 May 2018 - 10:26 AM

Sorry but you have send me videos on how to boot but I know it! I have made a nice USB please read the question correctly and understand my question

#4 nickos

nickos

• Members
  • 230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:48 PM

sorry sorry sorry

i haven't read all the question my friend

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,005 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:24 PM

If I understand your #1 correctly you were trying to install XP and you had a USB drive connected at the same time. Somehow, when asked where you wanted the OS installed, you managed to get the installation on the USB instead of the hard drive.

To fix the problem with the USB, connect it to a different computer and format it, this will wipe any data on it.

If I have misunderstood your first post, and you were trying to install XP from the USB drive then you need to go into the BIOS to make sure that USB is at the top of the boot prority list. Then plug in the USB drive and start the computer and it should boot from the USB drive and then go on into the installation procedure.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users