Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking for Revo Uninstaller advice

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CrimsonCricket

CrimsonCricket

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 PM

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:13 PM

I've been having some issues with leftovers from some software I'm trying to uninstall and I've been looking into Revo Uninstaller.  I saw it was included in Bleeping Computer's Downloads section and was thinking of giving it a shot, but the download through the author's site seems to be hosted on something with "rackcdn.com"  I tried looking it up online and found some results which made me concerned about downloading it through there.  Can any of the experts here offer any advice on the matter (or Revo Uninstaller itself)?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garioch7

garioch7

RCMP Veteran

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 3,917 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:56 AM

CrimsonCricket:

I have had Revo Uninstaller Pro on both of my computers for years.  It is a very effective uninstaller and personally I highly recommend the product, based on my experience with the product over the years.  My opinion does not imply any endorsement by Bleeping Computer, though you can surmise that if it is offered for download here that it is highly regarded.

You can go to their website, here.  I am not sure where you got your download link ... ?

I hope this helps.  Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Graduate of the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Study Hall

#3 VB30

VB30

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:08 AM

@CrimsomCricket

Have you tried there downloads for here:

https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

I have noticed there free version directs to CNET but they do have a portable version on the REVO website.

Also there is a "Portable Apps" version below:

https://portableapps.com/

https://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/revo_uninstaller_portable

#4 CrimsonCricket

CrimsonCricket
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:50 PM

CrimsonCricket:

I have had Revo Uninstaller Pro on both of my computers for years.  It is a very effective uninstaller and personally I highly recommend the product, based on my experience with the product over the years.  My opinion does not imply any endorsement by Bleeping Computer, though you can surmise that if it is offered for download here that it is highly regarded.

You can go to their website, here.  I am not sure where you got your download link ... ?

Thanks for the recommendation.  If the program was available to download directly from this site (like adwcleaner, etc), I would definitely try it. 

When I went to their website, I noticed the link for the free version of Revo Uninstaller leads to Cnet and clicking the link for the free Revo Uninstaller Pro trial brings up a window which notes the download comes from "rackcdn.com."  The same window appeared when I tried using the "download from the author's page" link at the Bleeping Computer downloads section.  My search results for "rackcdn.com" included a lot of claims regarding adware and other computer issues that I would rather avoid (assuming they are true). 

I'm hoping to hear from someone who has downloaded the program through there recently and can comment on any potential safety issues (or lack thereof).  I'm also curious about what the "Portable Version" is exactly.  Is it meant for mobile devices?

#5 VB30

VB30

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 18 May 2018 - 06:47 AM

Thanks for the recommendation.  If the program was available to download directly from this site (like adwcleaner, etc), I would definitely try it. 

When I went to their website, I noticed the link for the free version of Revo Uninstaller leads to Cnet and clicking the link for the free Revo Uninstaller Pro trial brings up a window which notes the download comes from "rackcdn.com."  The same window appeared when I tried using the "download from the author's page" link at the Bleeping Computer downloads section.  My search results for "rackcdn.com" included a lot of claims regarding adware and other computer issues that I would rather avoid (assuming they are true). 

I'm hoping to hear from someone who has downloaded the program through there recently and can comment on any potential safety issues (or lack thereof).  I'm also curious about what the "Portable Version" is exactly.  Is it meant for mobile devices?

Commenting on the "Portable Version", it just means it does not have to be installed. It can be downloaded and run on your system, or used on a USB or SD Card used on multiple systems.

As to the mobile devices I noticed they do have a Android version.

https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_mobile.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users