Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC sound trouble

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cooperisland

cooperisland

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:39 PM

The problem is my PC shows that sound is coming from my speakers (yes they work) but on my PC no matter what i plug into them nothing will come out sound wise. There is a slight weird sound that happens every so often but other than that NOTHING. I have updated all drivers even got remote desktop help from a windows help employee. If someone has some advice or could throw something else to try my way i would be eternally grateful. I haven't had sound for such a long time, I've been using a usb sound card and it finally gave out and i don't want to use one anymore i would just like my PC to work ;)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,461 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:37 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Check your Sound options in Control Panel and see what your Playback device is set to use.  If your video card supports HDMI, it is possible that it is set as your sound device.  

#3 STS-1

STS-1

• Malware Study Hall Sophomore
  • 229 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 01 June 2018 - 10:09 PM

I have a very similar issue.... Hp 8460p fresh win 10 install.....headphones work, but no sound coming from internal speakers... Drivers are supposedly up to date... when you go into sound within control panel I can see the bars light up when you hit the "test" button, but no sound coming out...Any ideas would be appreciated thank you  

#4 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,917 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 02 June 2018 - 05:17 AM

The problem is my PC shows that sound is coming from my speakers (yes they work) but on my PC no matter what i plug into them nothing will come out sound wise. There is a slight weird sound that happens every so often but other than that NOTHING. I have updated all drivers even got remote desktop help from a windows help employee. If someone has some advice or could throw something else to try my way i would be eternally grateful. I haven't had sound for such a long time, I've been using a usb sound card and it finally gave out and i don't want to use one anymore i would just like my PC to work ;)

You said that you "been using a USB soundcard." What is this? Is it an external USB DAC or an internal DAC with some USB features?

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users