Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Icon For My Music

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_bg fun_*

Guest_bg fun_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 08 October 2006 - 05:37 AM

My "My Music" folder doesn't have the icon it is supposed to have, it just has a normal folder icon. When I go to properties, there is no customise tab, so I can't manually change the icon.

Is there a way i can get the proper icon for this folder?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 moomoo

moomoo

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2006 - 07:16 AM

Yea mines does that too...and when i make a new folder and change it...after i restart its back to a normal folder

#3 Ronbo

Ronbo

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 AM

Posted 08 October 2006 - 12:01 PM

Hi bg fun, :thumbsup: to BC

The reason you can not change the icons in your My Music, My Pictures and other like folders are because they are special system folders. Because they are system folders you have to access a hidden system file in order to repair your missing icon.

This following link will tell you how to accomplish this for any of your special folders:
http://computers.douglasthrift.net/winxpfaq/#faq3

Good Luck :flowers:
There is no justice, there is just us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users