Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Kingsoft's WPS still opens files even after uninstalling the program

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 giraffasus

giraffasus

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 PM

Posted 15 May 2018 - 10:22 PM

Like the title says there seems to be an issue with this program still opening files that were originally created while using the program. It still saved and opened a file, and I could edit. So... I'm a bit confused as to why this program still functions if I uninstalled it. Any help?

I attached two files that show what Revo Uninstaller Shows and what the search bar shows.

So yeah....

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 giraffasus

giraffasus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2018 - 10:29 PM

I uninstalled it around 2 years ago... I think. Also is it possible that it is a Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable? If so, what would be the best way of isolating that file? I read that other programs might be running off of(possibly), the same Redistributable. Then it isn't possible to fully uninstall this program?

Edited by giraffasus, 15 May 2018 - 10:31 PM.

#3 giraffasus

giraffasus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2018 - 10:44 PM

I performed a search in the local disk to see if there were any left over files to be found and four folders and a slew of other AppData files were found. If I simple delete these, the program will still technically be installed on my computer, but I assume if other programs might rely on the same redistributable this is the safest way, correct?

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,819 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:47 PM

I uninstalled WPS and could not believe the amount of leftovers in the system. I had to clear the registry and delete I don't know how many files to finally get rid of it. It's not something I would recommend the average person doing. You could download Revo Uninstaller Pro and look for WPS. You could reinstall using Revo by right clicking the exe file and letting Revo do the install. It creates a log of all changes. Then uninstall again with Revo Uninstaller Pro.

It's free for 30 days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwGLfV4DuIc

Edited by JohnC_21, 16 May 2018 - 01:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users