Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop won't charge while playing games. Tried several fixes please help.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rosterx

rosterx

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 AM

Posted 15 May 2018 - 07:47 PM

Hello,

I have had this issue for about a week now and I have not been able to fix it. Here are my computer specs:

Windows 10 Acer Aspire V3 771G-9809 ASIN: B009JXJWZI Intel Core i7-3632QM 2.2GHz (6MB Cache) 8 GB SDRAM 1 TB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive 17.3-Inch Screen, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M

The problem is that when I play Dota 2, my computer starts beeping to indicate the power being plugged in and unplugged over and over again. Eventually it loses battery and just dies while im playing. I first assumed it was a battery or AC issue so I bought replacements for both with no effect on the issue.

I then read that it may be an overheating issue so I took my laptop apart and airdusted everything inside. That also did nothing for the problem. I downloaded MSI Afterburner and tested out the temperature while playing dota. Turns out my temperature was very decent hovering around 50-60 C. So perhaps it is not an overheating issue? I also tried tweaking the advanced battery settings to adjust max power to 75% while plugged in and left it 100% while unplugged since this laptop is plugged in 99% of the time anyway.

I don't know what to do at this point. It was only acts up with demanding games, but now it starts beeping at me even with no programs running other than a browser and steam. I can play Age of empires 2 also which is an older game with outdated graphics, yet it still beeps when I play it. Just doesn't end up actually dying.

I checked eventviewer under systems and im getting Event ID: 12 sourced from UserModePowerService and ID: 105 sourced from Kernel-Power

Can anyone help me?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 788 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:09 PM

it's probably just the game itself is too much of a power draw for your power adapter to handle.  you may have to find the 90w version of that adapter to fix your problem.

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:52 PM

Have you updated your video drivers?

If you've updated your video drivers try rolling them back.

If you haven't updated, try that.

A BIOS update probably wouldn't be a bad idea either.

#4 rosterx

rosterx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:51 PM

I checked the charger and the wattage was lower than the original. I managed to find a higher wattage one and am waiting for it to arrive. Also I updated all my drivers and that helped but didn't fix the problem. I was able to keep charged longer. Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users