Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dashlane

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 irvineboy

irvineboy

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 PM

Posted 15 May 2018 - 05:59 PM

Is Dashlane free version worth signing up for?  It sounds cool but realistically, if I lose the master password, what good is it?

I'm old school and just have my pw stored somewhere.  Not sure if I want another software loaded on my computer.  Anyone have experience with it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RuddyDuck2017

RuddyDuck2017

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 AM

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:02 AM

Do you have more than one device? That is, besides a computer, do you have a cell phone? Or besids a cell phone, do you have a computer? Be aware that Dashlane Free is a gimmick to get you to sign up for Dashlane Pemium - you get 30 days of Dashlane Premium with your Dashlane Free subscription, but after that, if you want access to your passwords on a second device, you will have to upgrade to Dashlane Premium.

Having said that, Dashllane Premium is worth the price.  For myself, I prefer LastPass.  I signed up for Dashlane only to understand it so that I could answer questions from my sister, who has never really bothered to learn to use the LastPass subscription hat I gave her.

I have yet to figure out how to edit or delete a password entry that I have made in Dashlane.  Instead, I have kept adding new, slightly different password versions for the same online account(s).  This task is much easier in LastPass.

But yes, I think it is definitely a good idea to get a passwod manager, and Dashlane seems to be well reviewed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users