Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ports don't open for anything except 1 program

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Zolika1351

Zolika1351

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 15 May 2018 - 05:33 PM

I've been trying to fix this for at least 3 months now, and I still haven't got a clue as to why it happens, but port-forwarding simply doesn't want to work on my new ISP (and modem and router). The only thing that works is a Minecraft server. Seriously. I've tried hosting a SAMP server, or playing Max Payne 3 or GTA IV, and all 3 of those are blocked (SAMP server isn't seen by canyouseeme.org, and the 2 games have the same kind of connectivity issues as if the ports weren't open) The Minecraft server works on all forwarded ports, while the everything else doesn't work on any port. I have every port from 1-65534 forwarded and my local IP is static (public IP is dynamic but that didn't matter on my old ISP). My router is a TL-WR841N and my modem is a Cisco EPC3008. I've tried putting my IP into the DMZ, plugging the PC straight into the modem, and nothing has worked so far. 

Edited by Zolika1351, 15 May 2018 - 05:34 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Replicator

Replicator

• Members
  • 300 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:15 AM

Only one service can run on the designated port assigned.

You need to enable any other services on a separate port......forward!

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear!
CEH, CISSP @ WhiteHat Computers Pty Ltd

#3 Zolika1351

Zolika1351
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:00 AM

I'm not running multiple services on the same port though, I tried the minecraft server after multiple failed attempts at starting the SAMP server, never tried both at once

Edited by Zolika1351, 16 May 2018 - 11:01 AM.

#4 Zolika1351

Zolika1351
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2018 - 06:58 AM

bump I just got a public IP and it's still not working

Edited by Zolika1351, 18 May 2018 - 06:58 AM.

#5 Replicator

Replicator

• Members
  • 300 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 19 May 2018 - 01:08 PM

If you have exhausted everything else, Its likely your ISP is blocking the ports your forwarding.

Call them up and find out if this is so, it may be particular ports or a port range!

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear!
CEH, CISSP @ WhiteHat Computers Pty Ltd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users