Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Post your Linux Themes here

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 iiSplitzii

iiSplitzii

• Malware Study Hall Sophomore
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 PM

Posted 15 May 2018 - 10:46 AM

I figure why not open a thread where people can post their themes (ie Gnome3 looking like MacOS, KDE looking and feeling like Windows XP)

If you are using a theme tool, feel free to post the backup file for the theme along with the extensions used so we can replicate the theme if we wish.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rufwoof

rufwoof

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 15 May 2018 - 05:11 PM

No particular theme other than a personal one that works for me. I only use a single desktop as I only use one monitor, however my core setup is a combination of jwm window manager and rox-filer ... that serves as a file manager, desktop pinboards and a panel. Being RISC based its heavily into drag/drop for example drag a program to the panel to add it to the panel, middle mouse drag/drop to move it in the panel, drag files to that panel icon and it opens that file using the program associated to the icon.

Thumbnail image (click to link through to the larger image)

shot.jpg

Typically I have five pinboards, each with different wallpapers and sets of icons/links. A scratchpad type pinboard, office, computer (links to configuration files, icons, documents etc.), music/video and home (personal docs etc.). Switching pinboards is via 5 icons over to the right side of the panel.

I have a jwm panel that auto hides at the bottom, basically for a dock (sys tray/tasklist) and that shows what programs are open/running.

In effect the multiple pinboards is the menu, so much so I don't have/use any menus. The left most icon in the top panel opens pcmanfm with menu://applications ... which enables access to a menu-like program selection if/when the need arises.

shot2.jpg

I tend to also keep browser bookmarks on the pinboards a well, where the right most icon in the top panel is a 'showdesktop' so I can just click on a pinboard icon to open a browser link (maybe flipping between desktops to locate the desired browser link).

For a server I use OpenBSD and on my desktop I just sshfs ... link to that so all the server files are accessible via rox-filer/pcmanfm.

System wise I stick with pure Debian - their main repos only, with just the odd exception (non-free firmware/drivers). Still running Debian Jessie (old stable) and likely will continue to do so until either the PC dies or Stretch enters old-stable. By the time Debian has been through design/test/release and enters old-stable, it is very stable (and there's lots of reference material to call upon if necessary).

Debian and OpenBSD multiboot's

#3 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,662 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 PM

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:43 AM

We do have a pretty nice thread HERE

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's