Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Free malware software with real time monitoring

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 eLPuSHeR

eLPuSHeR

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 08 June 2018 - 04:37 AM

To OP: I know it is a bit offtopic but I have always wondered why many people install so many web browsers at once on their computers. I run a small IT repair shop and I have seen several PCs with 5 or more web browsers installed at once (the only reason I could see for this behaviour is that you are a webpage programmer or something and you want to test your code under every browser under the sun).

Why not choosing your favourite one and stick to that one?

I mean, for w10, MS Edge is fine (Ublock Origin is available for it too, btw), Firefox is fine, Chrome is fine.

Then I would choose just ONE and uninstall the other (redundant) ones. Because every web browser out there does the same job (no matter if it's one or the other). It's just personal preference.

Just my two cents.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#32 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,279 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 08 June 2018 - 06:00 AM

Some websites used by government, business and organizations require the use of Internet Explorer so some folks will need to use a least two web browsers.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#33 eLPuSHeR

eLPuSHeR

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2018 - 06:16 AM

I mostly meant the triad Edge+FF+Chrome. I know some sites (most of the time "official" sites, such as goverment ones and such aren't updated and rely on using old deprecated web browsers), but for regular Internet browsing, there is little difference among using Edge, FF or Chrome.

#34 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,520 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 08 June 2018 - 10:18 AM

I mostly meant the triad Edge+FF+Chrome. I know some sites (most of the time "official" sites, such as goverment ones and such aren't updated and rely on using old deprecated web browsers), but for regular Internet browsing, there is little difference among using Edge, FF or Chrome.

It's those "little differences" that propel me to using Firefox and Chrome.   I haven't touched IE in years, except when absolutely necessary, and Edge is only used by me when I need what I dub "a naked browser" (one with no add-ons/extensions) that could possibly be causing interference when I encounter a burp on either Firefox or Chrome.

I agree that having 5 or 6 browsers installed is a bit much unless you are someone who's testing web coding and wants to ensure maximum compatibility.  Lets face it, the browsers that are not Firefox or Chrome are almost all based on one or the other, with tweaking to suit those "purpose developing" or "feature developing" them.

Brian AKA Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

In a modern society where everyone thinks their opinion deserves to be heard nothing annoys me more than individuals who mistake their personal preferences for fact.

~ Commenter TheCruyffGurn on the The Guardian website, 8/13/2014

#35 eLPuSHeR

eLPuSHeR

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2018 - 12:25 PM

You are right, Brian.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users