Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SYSTEM_SERVICE EXCEPTION

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 LainIwakura

LainIwakura

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 14 May 2018 - 09:11 PM

051418-96343-01.dmp 5/14/2018 9:56:50 PM SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x0000003b 00000000`c0000005 fffff803`9c0afab6 ffffaa8e`3c46e970 00000000`00000000 nvlddmkm.sys nvlddmkm.sys+1ea46c x64 ntoskrnl.exe+1640e0 C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\051418-96343-01.dmp 8 15 16299 1,975,356 5/14/2018 10:00:31 PM

Crashed On PUBG with SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXEPTION

I also get MEMORY_MANAGEMENT sometimes as well. Sometimes MEMORY_MANAGEMENT then SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

So I've been getting this problem sometimes and I still don't know the cause. I have ran memtest86 several times and I have learned that my RAM has NO Errors.

Specs:

Gigabyte Z170MX Gaming-5
GTX 1080Ti Gigabyte Aorus Extreme
64GB 2133 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

Try to point me in the right direction as to what I can do if you are out of ideas. Attached is my dump

Thanks!

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cwsink

cwsink

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 AM

Posted 15 May 2018 - 12:29 AM

All of the bugcheck codes you've had from your previous post and this one can be explained by bad memory.Despite what it claims memtest86 is unreliable at detecting problems with DDR4 memory. Currently, there is no software diagnostic I'm aware of that reliably detects bad DDR4 memory. The most reliable method of finding a bad DDR4 DIMM is to use the system as your normally would but with only 1 DIMM installed at a time; the idea being to isolate bad DIMM(s). Not running memtest86 but actually using the system as you normally would.

It's possible a driver is corrupting memory but there are no 3rd party drivers mentioned as likely culprits in any of the dumps. It would be a good idea to verify the hardware is okay so we at least know we're working with a solid foundation.

It's been almost 2 months since your last post. Is this the first BSOD since March 18th?

#3 LainIwakura

LainIwakura
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:03 PM

All of the bugcheck codes you've had from your previous post and this one can be explained by bad memory.Despite what it claims memtest86 is unreliable at detecting problems with DDR4 memory. Currently, there is no software diagnostic I'm aware of that reliably detects bad DDR4 memory. The most reliable method of finding a bad DDR4 DIMM is to use the system as your normally would but with only 1 DIMM installed at a time; the idea being to isolate bad DIMM(s). Not running memtest86 but actually using the system as you normally would.

It's possible a driver is corrupting memory but there are no 3rd party drivers mentioned as likely culprits in any of the dumps. It would be a good idea to verify the hardware is okay so we at least know we're working with a solid foundation.

It's been almost 2 months since your last post. Is this the first BSOD since March 18th?

Thanks I will check drivers

How can I go about checking drivers for errors?

Edited by LainIwakura, 15 May 2018 - 08:07 PM.

#4 LainIwakura

LainIwakura
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:24 AM

Thanks I will check drivers

How can I go about checking drivers for errors?

yet another bsod https://mega.nz/#!gvIwmQSK!RLQrcqf5UQ6prd_qHkp3wLgoSne1MOjkTA6w7pfr9-I KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE after playing PUBG and having BAD_MODULE_INFO STOPPED WORKING.

#5 cwsink

cwsink

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:49 AM

I'm guessing you haven't tried the memory testing method I recommended. If you want to assume the memory is okay based on memtest86 results we can but trying to find driver problems on a system with faulty hardware is a waste of time. Tracking down memory corruption bugs is often difficult when the hardware is good; trying with bad hardware would have us chasing shadows.

Assuming the hardware is okay and it's a driver issue, the first thing I'd recommend is looking for updates for any software which installed drivers on your system. You've got some old drivers loading and outdated drivers are often the cause of memory corruption. For example, you've got a driver named UltraMonUtility.sys loading that has a timestamp of 2008. I'd check to see if you're using the latest Windows 10 compatible version of that software. You've also got a driver loading named WinRing0x64.sys with a 2013 timestamp. It looks like it's part of EVGA Precision. That one I'd probably uninstall as versions of that driver have been known to cause BSODs.

There are others I'd look into. Autoruns can show you which 3rd party drivers are automatically loading and their timestamps. This website is a good source of information about various drivers. Please try to do what you can with that information as far as getting your software and drivers up to date or uninstalled. Let us know if you have any questions.

#6 LainIwakura

LainIwakura
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:41 PM

I'm guessing you haven't tried the memory testing method I recommended. If you want to assume the memory is okay based on memtest86 results we can but trying to find driver problems on a system with faulty hardware is a waste of time. Tracking down memory corruption bugs is often difficult when the hardware is good; trying with bad hardware would have us chasing shadows.

Assuming the hardware is okay and it's a driver issue, the first thing I'd recommend is looking for updates for any software which installed drivers on your system. You've got some old drivers loading and outdated drivers are often the cause of memory corruption. For example, you've got a driver named UltraMonUtility.sys loading that has a timestamp of 2008. I'd check to see if you're using the latest Windows 10 compatible version of that software. You've also got a driver loading named WinRing0x64.sys with a 2013 timestamp. It looks like it's part of EVGA Precision. That one I'd probably uninstall as versions of that driver have been known to cause BSODs.

There are others I'd look into. Autoruns can show you which 3rd party drivers are automatically loading and their timestamps. This website is a good source of information about various drivers. Please try to do what you can with that information as far as getting your software and drivers up to date or uninstalled. Let us know if you have any questions.

I removed some programs from windows, Updated to windows 10 1803, used some reg cleaner, took out 2 ram sticks, and I could try to use autoruns but I kinda wanna know what's loading and crashing at the exact moment so I can correct the problem.

#7 LainIwakura

LainIwakura
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:42 PM

I removed some programs from windows, Updated to windows 10 1803, used some reg cleaner, took out 2 ram sticks, and I could try to use autoruns but I kinda wanna know what's loading and crashing at the exact moment so I can correct the problem.

No BSODs yet but I don't understand how all of this can be a RAM issue but I guess it is but I got to do more tests to see for sure.

#8 cwsink

cwsink

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2018 - 07:34 PM

A bug check happens because Windows detected a problem in the kernel. If a DIMM is bad then you'll get corruption whenever the computer makes use of the faulty portions of that DIMM. If such corruption happens in memory used by the kernel Windows will crash the system when it detects the problem, which could be long after the corruption occurred. That scenario fits the evidence I've seen so far.

Is there something happening that doesn't fit the above scenario in your mind? I could write a similar explanation using "buggy driver" rather than a faulty DIMM as the culprit and have the same symptoms but I think it best to make sure the memory is not the problem first.

#9 LainIwakura

LainIwakura
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2018 - 11:14 PM

A bug check happens because Windows detected a problem in the kernel. If a DIMM is bad then you'll get corruption whenever the computer makes use of the faulty portions of that DIMM. If such corruption happens in memory used by the kernel Windows will crash the system when it detects the problem, which could be long after the corruption occurred. That scenario fits the evidence I've seen so far.

Is there something happening that doesn't fit the above scenario in your mind? I could write a similar explanation using "buggy driver" rather than a faulty DIMM as the culprit and have the same symptoms but I think it best to make sure the memory is not the problem first.

No BSODs yet but my Graphics card sometimes goes black and fans go to 100% 

#10 LainIwakura

LainIwakura
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2018 - 11:20 PM

thinking of making a new thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users