Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

sihost.exe unknown hard error issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 xnatsu23

xnatsu23

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:33 PM

Today I updated my windows 10 laptop. however after the update, when I log in my account I encounter the sihost.exe unknown hard error.. after that my screen turn black but I can still move the cursor. but I cannot anything else.. except ctrl alt del.. I try to boot my laptop to safe mode. but my dell lattitude e6440 doesn't seem to accept this command because it only lead to log in screen and not safe mode.. what should I do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,994 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 14 May 2018 - 06:28 PM

First of all - welcome to BC !

But more information needed !

Make and model of laptop and which version of Windows did you update to ?

For information, with Windows 10 an acceptable way of getting to safe mode, if there isn't another control, is to press the power button to start the computer then, as soon as the manufacturer's splash screen comes up , press and hold the power button to shut the computer down. If you repeat this process up to three times you will get a screen offering you various repair options including going into safe mode.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users