Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple blue screens followed by black screen followed by...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Gmooh

Gmooh

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 AM

Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:12 PM

Hi guys,

Having quite a frustrating issue with my pc. Trying to keep this short as possible. In March my graphics card died, replaced it, all seemed well but days after I started getting random BSOD. After looking up all the error codes, scandisk, check disk and any other scan/check thing I could find I decided to just clean reinstall windows. Worked great for maybe a couple weeks but things got worse. 

Now, my PC may work minutes, hours, and if lucky days before it goes into a BSOD fit at any random time of use. It will not stay with any specific error code. The PC will go blue, reboot itself, go blue again before windows can load, then reboot to black screen and I'm frozen right there. The fans will run but no bios, mouse or keyboard at all, just spinning fans and a black display.

Here's the most confusing part for me. I have to leave the PC powered off for many hours, I mean like 8 hours or so. Not sure if it helps or not but I do pull the CMOS battery while I'm waiting for "cooldown". 

One issue I have noticed that I can not find a clear answer for is my disk usage is extremely high when the PC is basically just sitting on the desktop. It may max to 100% with only windows possesses running and at times it will only show as little as 400kB\s as being 100% disk usage. I have noticed that this seems to be the worsted after boot as windows does all the things it does then seems to settle down to more normalcy and I'm able to run truly more demanding programs for awhile at least.   

What I have done thus far to try narrowing this down. 

I have 2 HDDs, when reboot loop starts I try from bios to boot to the 2nd HDD but It will not, I still get a BSOD before windows will load on the 2nd drive.

Tried a different Graphics card, no change.

Updated all drivers I can find and used software to try to find more I missed.

Disabled windows superfetch and windows explorer search I think its called as recommended in several articles for the high disk usage.

Ran the Intel processor diagnostic thing, all says good.

Ran windows memory diagnostic, all says good. 

Ran all the antivirus, malware, windows repairs, refreshes, scan this and check that I can find with nothing stating a problem anywhere.

Maybe you guys can find something in that log file I have no clue about or some test I haven't done.

CybertronPC TGMPAL1070X26BU

Windows 10 Pro x64 OEM Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299

PC is approximately 1 year 2 months since purchase.

Approximately 2 months from windows reinstall.

Desktop PC, CPU ASRock H110M-DGS R3.0, Processor Intel® Core™ i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Display 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (ZOTAC International)

Power supply Cybertron 750W

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users