Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Networking

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PianoMan55

PianoMan55

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 13 May 2018 - 01:08 PM

I have an HP(built-in WiFi) connected to my smart TV and another HP in my recording studio. I cannot figure out how to connect the two. On the Studio (that is the PC name)I have a USB wireless that came with the unit. How do I share between the two. I have spent the past 2 hours reading articles but none of the suggestions work. What do I need in settings to connect the two?

Edited by hamluis, 13 May 2018 - 05:48 PM.
Moved from Web Browsing to Networking - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Replicator

Replicator

• Members
  • 279 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 PM

Posted 20 May 2018 - 02:10 AM

I'm a bit confused with regards to your network landscape.

Both your laptops need to be connected to an AP (access point) over wifi including any iOT devices such as your smart tv.

This access point (gateway) serves all your devices IP addresses placing them on the same network.

Once you are all connected to the same network in an IP range, you are sharing the one internet connection through this AP and you can set devices to communicate with each other.

Question: On the studio laptop you have a USB wireless adaptor serving it internet yes?

Which gateway is the other laptop and the smart tv receiving its internet access from?

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear!
CEH, CISSP @ WhiteHat Computers Pty Ltd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users