Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intel® Xeon® E-2186M Processor!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,882 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 12 May 2018 - 09:05 PM

Just a little CPU Smack Talk

Wow, what laptops are they running this beast in?

https://ark.intel.com/products/134859/Intel-Xeon-E-2186M-Processor-12M-Cache-up-to-4_60-GHz

Been looking at some of these new Intel cpu's and there are some real beasts!

How about the Intel® Core™ i7-8700K Processor! Wow!

I'm living in a world of low powered computers compared to some of you LOL.  Not a big fan of AMD Yet, but I know they are making some real smokers too!

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 12 May 2018 - 11:35 PM

Just a little CPU Smack Talk

Wow, what laptops are they running this beast in?

https://ark.intel.com/products/134859/Intel-Xeon-E-2186M-Processor-12M-Cache-up-to-4_60-GHz

I think I'd be on fairly safe ground by guessing "expensive ones" :)   I should think top of the range workstation class laptops with Nvidia Quadro GPU's, large PCIe SSD's, big high quality screens and a price tag to match.

The non Xeon equivalent is an i9-8950HK.  For ones that you probably won't need to take out a second mortgage to buy, AMD's Mobile Zen e.g. the Ryzen 7 2700U looks quite interesting...

7sbvuf-6.png

#3 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,882 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2018 - 08:21 AM

I forgot how easy it was to find stuff with Google.  Here is one of the more expensive ones, of course with options to downgrade.

DELL WORKSTATION

You know this thing is ready to make some heat with those Two Exhausts in the back.

workstation-precision-7720-pdp-module-7.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#4 Mike_Walsh

Mike_Walsh

Bleepin' 'Puppy' nut..!!

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2018 - 04:28 PM

Mmm...

And if, just for a laugh, you select every single available top option, this is what the checkout price comes to:-

0zuVzTX.png

*Ouch!!!* (And that's after savings have been applied... :rolleyes: )

Mike.  :o  :P  :lol:

Edited by Mike_Walsh, 26 May 2018 - 04:30 PM.

Distros:- Multiple 'Puppies'..... and Anti-X 16.1

My Puppy BLOG ~~~  My Puppy PACKAGES

Compaq Presario SR1916UK; Athlon64 X2 3800+, 3 GB RAM, WD 500GB Caviar 'Blue', 32GB Kingspec PATA SSD, 3 TB Seagate 'Expansion' external HDD, ATI Radeon Xpress 200 graphics, Dell 15.1" pNp monitor (1024 x 768), TP-Link PCI-e USB 3.0 card, Logitech c920 HD Pro webcam, self-powered 7-port USB 2.0 hub

Dell Inspiron 1100; 2.6 GHz 400FSB P4, 1.5 GB RAM, 64GB KingSpec IDE SSD, Intel 'Extreme' graphics, 1 TB Seagate 'Expansion' external HDD, M$ HD-3000 'Lifecam'.

KXhaWqy.gifFQ8nrJ3.gif

#5 The-Toolman

The-Toolman

• Members
  • 1,351 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 26 May 2018 - 06:10 PM

Must be nice to have more money than brains to spend that kind of cash on a Laptop.

Just think of the powerful desktop that could be built for that kind of money if not less. :thumbup2:

I'm grumpy because I can be not because I'm old.

The world is what you make of it, if it doesn't fit, you make alterations.

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.  (Mark Twain)

#6 Mike_Walsh

Mike_Walsh

Bleepin' 'Puppy' nut..!!

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2018 - 08:47 PM

Must be nice to have more money than brains to spend that kind of cash on a Laptop.

Just think of the powerful desktop that could be built for that kind of money if not less. :thumbup2:

Huh! Too true, mate, too true. I could buy a coupla half-way decent cars for that.....and still have enough left over for a fortnight on the Costa del Sol!

(Of course, every one of those 'top' options was, naturally, the one 'recommended' by Dell themselves...! And since this is an enterprise-class laptop, most users will get them provided free-of-charge by their employers anyway, I expect.....who will probably work a fiddle to get them 'written off' as tax-deductible expenses!)

Makes you a mite more than a wee bit sick, don't it?  :lol:

Mike.  :wink:

Edited by Mike_Walsh, 26 May 2018 - 08:57 PM.

Distros:- Multiple 'Puppies'..... and Anti-X 16.1

My Puppy BLOG ~~~  My Puppy PACKAGES

Compaq Presario SR1916UK; Athlon64 X2 3800+, 3 GB RAM, WD 500GB Caviar 'Blue', 32GB Kingspec PATA SSD, 3 TB Seagate 'Expansion' external HDD, ATI Radeon Xpress 200 graphics, Dell 15.1" pNp monitor (1024 x 768), TP-Link PCI-e USB 3.0 card, Logitech c920 HD Pro webcam, self-powered 7-port USB 2.0 hub

Dell Inspiron 1100; 2.6 GHz 400FSB P4, 1.5 GB RAM, 64GB KingSpec IDE SSD, Intel 'Extreme' graphics, 1 TB Seagate 'Expansion' external HDD, M$ HD-3000 'Lifecam'.

KXhaWqy.gifFQ8nrJ3.gif

#7 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,882 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2018 - 09:11 PM

Has some good cool factor though!

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#8 The-Toolman

The-Toolman

• Members
  • 1,351 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 26 May 2018 - 09:55 PM

I guess for those who are into Laptops they would think they are cool although I've never been impressed by any Laptop as most of today's modern ones are disposable after a couple three years if even that long.

I have quite a few Windows 8 / Windows 10 laptops on the shelf with dead batteries I'm not willing to throw down the cash for batteries as I've already used the hard drives in desktops and have given away the memory to family and friends.

[Mike _Walsh post #6]

And since this is an enterprise-class laptop, most users will get them provided free-of-charge by their employers anyway, I expect.....who will probably work a fiddle to get them 'written off' as tax-deductible expenses!

Not my employer  :nono:  I worked for the State Dept. :lol:

Edited by The-Toolman, 26 May 2018 - 10:00 PM.

I'm grumpy because I can be not because I'm old.

The world is what you make of it, if it doesn't fit, you make alterations.

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.  (Mark Twain)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users