Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 Enterprise Activation Problem

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MaaD

MaaD

• Members
  • 566 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 12 May 2018 - 01:37 PM

My Dell  Studio laptop computer was upgraded to Windows 10 Enterprise ( was originally Windows Vista Home Premium), don't know why person who upgrade it did that. Now there's a "Activate Windows" message. When I try to activate, using the orginal product key, I am getting this error message: Windows can't activate right now Try activating again later. If that doesn't work, contact your system administrator Error code: 0x8007232B. I can't see the desktop icons. When I try to fix that,(Start  > Settings  > Personalization > Themes > Desktop icon settings. ) there a message in red: You need to activate Windows before you can personalize your PC

All the suggestions from the Internet hasn't help. I am hoping that someone here can help me, please!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,083 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 12 May 2018 - 02:01 PM

Hi,

Windows 10 Enterprise is mostly used on big companies that activate Windows by using a KMS server on its internal network.

Activation Error: Code 0x8007232b
DNS Name does not exist

Windows could not be activated.
Key management services (KMS) host could not be located in domain name system (DNS), please have your system administrator verify that a KMS is published correctly in DNS.

If you work for a company that provided the machine with that Windows Edition, then you need to connect the machine to the company network to have windows auto activate if it doesn't work contact the IT department.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#3 MaaD

MaaD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 566 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2018 - 02:33 PM

I know, don't know why it was upgraded to that version and no, I don't work for a company. It's a personal PC.

#4 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,083 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2018 - 03:08 PM

If you want Windows 10 you need to purchase a license.

Windows 10 Enterprise isn't a good option for a personal PC because its a more expensive edition. In home PC's the most used editions are Home or Pro Editions.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#5 MaaD

MaaD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 566 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2018 - 03:11 PM

Read the first post please!

#6 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,011 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2018 - 03:13 PM

The bad news I am afraid is that you almost certainly have a 'bent' or non-legitimate installatiion of Win 10.

How to fix this ?  If you had the upgrade from Vista to Win 10 done commercially then you could try takiing it back to the upgrader and saying 'Sort this out'. Otherwise as Sleepydude has said you will need to buy a Win 10 Home or  Pro license and install that version.

Chris Cosgrove

Added. Sleepydude and I posted at the same time. If you are referring to the original Windows key on this laptop that is for Windows Vista, not 10 Enterprise and will not work with any version of Win 10.

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 12 May 2018 - 03:17 PM.

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

#7 MaaD

MaaD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 566 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2018 - 03:25 PM

Yeah, I figured and that upgrader is nowhere to be found. :smash:

#8 Toits

Toits

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 13 May 2018 - 01:29 AM

Try this now! https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/microsoft-toolkit-official-kms-solution-for-microsoft-products.28669/

#9 MaaD

MaaD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 566 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2018 - 09:44 AM

That link doesn't work. Anyway, I have done a clean install of Windows 7. It's working fine now. Thanks for all your help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users