Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Power Supply

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Snaders

Snaders

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2018 - 12:33 PM

Hi all,

My PC is plugged to the mains directly into the via a kettle lead. How can i check the power supply my pc is using? Cheers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rqt

rqt

• Members
  • 382 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 PM

Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:38 AM

Assuming that by by "check" you mean identify:-

For a machine with built in power supply you would need to look at the labels on the PSU itself to identify it - this will almost certainly require you to remove computer case cover(s) & may also require you to remove the PSU from the computer case.

OEM PSUs may be without clear labelling.

Disconnect the electrical supply from the machine before removing any covers, and do not disassemble the PSU itself or remove any of it's casing.

But if by "check" you mean test it's functionality then you'll need to take it to someone with suitable test equipment (purchasing this yourself is not likely to be cost effective - cheap PSU "testers" do not provide much useful information)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users