Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The system is working fine, but there are infections.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sutransu1

sutransu1

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 12 May 2018 - 06:20 AM

Recently, I had PUP.Optional.Legacy on my system. After deleting it with adwcleaner, I keep running "Adware Removal Tool by TSA",  and software reports have.  I also run scan with Zemana Anti-malware, it reports there Pua.chromeext.gr.

Unwanted.Policies ->> Registry Key ->> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Policies\Google\ <RegKey:> Chrome
githubusercontent.com ->> Browser: Chrome ->> C:\Users\su\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Preferences
githubusercontent.com ->> Browser: Chrome ->> C:\Users\su\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Default\Preferences

What is this? There is something I need to do now. Thanks!!!

Edited by sutransu1, 12 May 2018 - 06:25 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 12 May 2018 - 10:45 AM

I keep running "Adware Removal Tool by TSA".....I don't understand that. Is that program installed on your computer?

Did you allow Zemana to remove/ delete/ quarantine what it found?

Use the programs below to clean, remove adware and remove malware.

Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the

Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of Google Chrome and Avast.

After install, open CCleaner and run by clicking on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right corner.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Malwarebytes - Clean Mode

• Download and install the free version of Malwarebytes
    Note: If you have Malwarebytes already installed, you don't need to install it again. Simply start from the next bullet point
  • Once Malwarebytes is installed, launch it and let it update its database. You might have to click on the little arrow by Scan Status in the middle right pane for it to do so
  • Once the database update is complete, click on the Scan tab, then select the Threat Scan button and click on Start Scan
  • Let the scan run, the time required to complete the scan depends of your system and computer specs
  • Once the scan is complete, make sure that the first checkbox at the top is checked (which will automatically check every detected item), then click on the Quarantine Selected button
    • If it asks you to restart your computer to complete the removal, do so
  • Click on Export Summary after the deletion (in the bottom-left corner) and select Copy to Clipboard. Paste the content in your next reply

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 sutransu1

sutransu1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 14 May 2018 - 10:57 AM

I want to say that I scan the system with "Adware Removal Tool by TSA", then here is the log file of:

Unwanted.Policies ->> Registry Key ->> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Policies\Google\ <RegKey:> Chrome

githubusercontent.com ->> Browser: Chrome ->> C:\Users\su\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Preferences
githubusercontent.com ->> Browser: Chrome ->> C:\Users\su\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Default\Preferences

I delete any infections that are detected. I scanned again with "Malwarebytes", nothing was discovered, right now. I do not have a habit of using ccleaner. I will delete temporary files with manually.  My system is currently working fine. Thanks for the help.

Edited by sutransu1, 14 May 2018 - 10:57 AM.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 14 May 2018 - 12:26 PM

I suggest you not use Adware Removal Tool by TSA. I base that on the info found in the links below.

Be careful when using Adware Removal Tool - Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware, and Privacy Software

Post #6 at New(ish) tools used on BC - Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware, and Privacy Software

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users