Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WIFI Security

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Proton1212

Proton1212

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 12 May 2018 - 05:44 AM

My son bought a new mobile phone and connected it to our WIFI. He went to go on facebook but it gave him MY facebook login details and password and it even let him sign into my account If he can do it then all his friends can do it, and I don't know what other information they can get of mine...How do I stop it Please

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,832 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2018 - 08:36 AM

Neither your WiFi connection nor Facebook "gives" anyone login credentials.   If those popped up then you can be pretty sure he knows them and has been using them.

You present login credentials, login credentials are not presented to you.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#3 Proton1212

Proton1212
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:37 PM

OKThank you for your reply 

#4 MarkMackerel

MarkMackerel

• Malware Study Hall Sophomore
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:13 PM

What happened is you logged in to facebook on that device and when you logged in you got a pop up that asked you if you wanted to save your login details. You selected "yes" without reading it im guessing. The only way your credentials could be there is if you put them there or if your son had got them from somewhere else.

You need to get the phone and delete internet history and be careful with saving your login details. I use public computers at the library or in college sometimes and people have always left some kind of account saved or logged in.

#5 STS-1

STS-1

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:56 PM

You would also be well advised to change your password (depending on what browser is being used, if you save your credentials in the browser, the plain text can be revealed) I also just finished reading a couple of articles  of why it is a bad idea to store your passwords in the browser, and how you are better off using some kind of 3rd party password manager (LassPass seems to be very well spoken of, and it's free!)

#6 brookslick

brookslick

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 25 May 2018 - 07:18 PM

do refresh your router.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users