Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple issue, i'm going crazy

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 alex223

alex223

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 PM

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:39 PM

Hello,

12/2017 - Motherboard : MSI Tomahawk B350

12/2017 - CPU : Ryzen 5 1600(2x120mm AIO water cooler)

12/2017 - RAM : G.Skill Ripjaws 3200Mhz CL16-16-16-36 (2x4g).

04/2017 - GPU : Sapphire RX480

I already posted on reddit yesterday , quick resume: My Ryzen 5 1600 was stable at 4GHZ, 1.34V but it's not stable anymore. 3,9GHZ is stable at that voltage now. But multiple issue are here now:

1-While mining(CPU&GPU) using nicehash and there are random short freeze every minute. Didn't tried gaming yet.

2-I was checking my ram by using one stick each time to check if my cpu was able to stay at 4ghz, they both acted the same but after testing that now i can't boot with both stick(Computer running, no display) CPU&RAM debug led are on.

3-I was struggling for 1 hour to start my computer with 1 ram stick, Hard lock while in the bios, gpu error, cpu&ram debug led on or same as 2. Tried to clear the CMOS multiple time but it didn't do anything.

Right now i'm writing this on this computer, i'm scared to touch anything, what could be the problem?

What i already did :

Bios update

Gpu driver update

Clean windows 10 install

clear CMOS

Crying

tried other gpu

Unplugging and plugging back most of the cable

Reseated ram & CPU

Pc is dust free

Crying harder

Tried to keep XMP profile with higher voltage

1.2v SOC voltage

Using stock ram setting

Memtest with both stick 2 time for 7hours didn't show any error

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,800 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 AM

Posted 12 May 2018 - 03:17 PM

Overclocking does more than drive the CPU and GPU into unstable operation, it also pushes the peripheral chips beyond their design limits// The extra heat generated can damage things, sometime like POP, it don't work anymore, or random blue screens, freezes on boot up and unrelated faults erupt, eventually degrading to nothing works (no boot, no BIOS, no display)  Overclocking pushes things to the edge of unstability and backing it off a step.  After a while, instability sneaks in and it won't run stable unless you back it off some more, then it won't run at normal specs and downhill it spirals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users