Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 device only uses 8-20mbps on 100mbps connection with ethernet

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 smirkishere

smirkishere

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:36 PM

My laptop is a windows 10 and the is consistently 8 - 20 mbps and this has been going on for a very long time. All other devices on the network get 100mbps on wired/wireless yet my laptop is failing to report similar speeds and gets 200 ping in games as well. (A month ago I got 10-20 ping)

(Lenovo y50 first gen I think hardware manual)

I've tried to change the speed/duplex settings to 1gbps, run cc cleaner, as well as malwarebytes and the problem still persists. Task manager doesn't show any network usage. 

If the question arises on my drivers: I've installed the Lenovo utility for driver update and it said it was all fine. I also have updated all device manager drivers, and found and updated hidden ones as well. Windows said there were no further updates. 

Not connected to vpn, proxy, etc. 

The network cable is not at fault either, its a CAT6 and works on other laptops perfectly. 

What can I do to fix this?

Edit: Windows version 1709, Build: 16299.431

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 12 May 2018 - 03:22 PM.
Moved from Win 10 to 'Networking'.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users