Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Get rid of qip?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 roults2

roults2

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 AM

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:46 PM

Hi guys, I'm back. I now have a Dell, 7.

I always use Bing. Everytime I type something in and hit enter, it now goes to Qip.

I have no idea what it is and I want to DELETE it please, I dont know how. My computer skills suck, please forgive me. I did look at all my programs and its not even there! I am trying to find a *FREE* anti-malware download but they all LIE, I have to pay for it, I have no money for that. Please assist.

Jon

Edited by hamluis, 11 May 2018 - 06:08 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 AM

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:39 PM

Use the programs below to clean, remove adware and remove malware.

Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the

Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of Google Chrome and Avast.

After install, open CCleaner and run by clicking on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right corner.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Malwarebytes - Clean Mode

• Download and install the free version of Malwarebytes
    Note: If you have Malwarebytes already installed, you don't need to install it again. Simply start from the next bullet point
  • Once Malwarebytes is installed, launch it and let it update its database. You might have to click on the little arrow by Scan Status in the middle right pane for it to do so
  • Once the database update is complete, click on the Scan tab, then select the Threat Scan button and click on Start Scan
  • Let the scan run, the time required to complete the scan depends of your system and computer specs
  • Once the scan is complete, make sure that the first checkbox at the top is checked (which will automatically check every detected item), then click on the Quarantine Selected button
    • If it asks you to restart your computer to complete the removal, do so
  • Click on Export Summary after the deletion (in the bottom-left corner) and select Copy to Clipboard. Paste the content in your next reply

Download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop. (compatible with Windows 7, 8 and 10)

• Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Scan button.
  • When the scan has finished click on Clean button.
  • Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
  • Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 roults2

roults2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2018 - 09:18 PM

I screwed up something. Now I cant get back onto Firefox. It says >> Couldn't Load XPCOM.

I think Firefox is uninstalled(?) I used IE but I need all 300 of my bookmarks back. How can I get Firefox back again? Please assist.

Jon

#4 roults2

roults2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2018 - 10:59 PM

(lol) Ok, making progress. I downloaded Firefox. It works fine BUT....I try and bookmark things but they dont show up under bookmarks, whats the point? and can I get all 300 of my other bookmarks back? The ones that took months to get. I hate computers more than cancer itself. I still have a flip phone, I'll never switch, too difficult to re-learn !!!!

Jon

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2018 - 05:07 AM

Have you scanned using the programs I suggested? If not, why not?

Without knowing exactly what you did that may have corrupted or uninstalled Firefox, I won't be much help in restoring it.

You may be saving bookmarks under Other Bookmarks. Depending on how you have Firefox setup/ customized, you may

or may not see the same as mine in image below.

kmz1Y0p.png

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 roults2

roults2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2018 - 07:05 AM

The computer runs fine now. I did reinstall Firefox. I did all those scans, thx.

When I bookmark something, it does not show up anywhere.....show all bookmarks, bookmarks toolbar, unsorted bookmarks BUT it does say....Edit this bookmark, meaning, its somewhere! I just cant see them. So anytime I need to search something, I literally have to type it in and find the site.

Jon

#7 roults2

roults2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2018 - 07:14 AM

Also under "History". Nothing there. I might visit 5 sites, then look under History.....nothing there. Please assist.

Jon

#8 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2018 - 10:01 AM

Reinstall Firefox. Uninstall Firefox and then do a search for Firefox. Delete all that is found including your Firefox profile.

Click on Start > enter Firefox into search box

Once you have completely removed Firefox go to Download Firefox — Free Web Browser  and choose the correct download.

#9 roults2

roults2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2018 - 09:05 PM

I did all that and now everything works just fine! Thanks again. You saved me at least $200, thx!!!!

Jon

#10 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:56 AM

You're welcome...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users