Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I run an exe from a suspicius file,am i infected?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bluepanther

bluepanther

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2018 - 03:57 PM

Hello ,I run an exe from a suspicius file,am i infected? the file is in this link,there that it says "download"

Can someone check it ,to tell me if it is virus?

Mod Edit by quietman7: Removed link(s) to possible malware.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,768 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:22 PM

Anytime you come across a suspicious file or you want a second opinion, submit it to one of the online services that analyzes suspicious files.--In the "File to Scan" (Upload or Submit) box, click the "browse" button, navigate to the location of the suspicious file(s) and submit it for analysis. If you get a message saying "File has already been analyzed", click Reanalyze or Scan again.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 bluepanther

bluepanther
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2018 - 10:49 PM

EBigTuu.png

This is the result .The problem is that i already run the exe of this and planted the virus on my pc and i dont know where is the location of the viruses! I already run many antivirus and found nothing ,because its a new virus!

Please ,can you help me?

Edited by bluepanther, 11 May 2018 - 10:53 PM.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,768 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2018 - 05:55 AM

The download looks like a file related to AMD Radeon Video Card (graphic) drivers. Were you trying to update your drivers? If so, did you download the file from AMD?

#5 bluepanther

bluepanther
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2018 - 05:37 PM

The download looks like a file related to AMD Radeon Video Card (graphic) drivers. Were you trying to update your drivers? If so, did you download the file from AMD?

Until now i was downloading the drivers from the official amd site.But this time i downloaded from the link from this site because he wrote that is specially for bitcoin mining drivers

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,768 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2018 - 05:42 PM

Usually when a computer is infected with malware there most likely will be obvious indications (signs of infection and malware symptoms) that something is wrong.

Are you having any such issues?

#7 bluepanther

bluepanther
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:04 PM

I think its very little bit slower my system and the internet browsing

also i think i have this scenario:

"Scenario 13: “Everything seems to work perfectly on my PC. Are any chances to be paranoid and still check for malware?”

When it comes to data protection, it is essential to be a little bit paranoid and very careful, even if everything seems to look normal. Why? Because cybercriminals are ingenious and can hide malware in the most unexpected places, leaving no visible marks and still infecting your computer.

Everything may seem to work perfectly normal on your PC until a bot on your system could silently wait for instructions to access and collect your most sensitive data."

Also ,is it so difficult to test the exe from the download file in the link that i show you to test it in your lab?

because i remember when i run the exe file ,it created 4-5 more files in the same folder and did some data processing

Edited by bluepanther, 13 May 2018 - 06:05 PM.

#8 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,768 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2018 - 07:57 PM

If you want a more comprehensive look at your system for possible malware by our experts, there are advanced tools which can be used to investigate but they are not permitted in this forum. Please follow the instructions in the Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide. When you have done that, start a new topic and post your logs in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team. If HelpBot replies to your topic, please follow Step One and CLICK the link so it will report your topic to the team members.

If you choose to post a log, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users