Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

VGA v display port at 1440 x 900 resolution?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 c33rr5

c33rr5

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:32 AM

Hi, I'm looking to buy a 16:10 20 inch monitor. Is there any different in picture and text clarity between VGA and display port at this exact resolution: 1440 X 900, in regards to text quality when browsing online and also typing documents, and also video picture quality. (Just to add, I've tried several 20-21 INCH full HD monitors at this size and the text is blurred when browsing online, so no need to mention higher resolution monitors, just at this resolution, thanks)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 11 May 2018 - 03:59 PM

VGA Supports up to 2048x1536.  If the native resolution of the monitor is not 1440x900 that could cause the blurry text.

LCD panels are best viewed at their native resolution.  Changing the resolution higher or lower will result in a less than optimal experience.  At native resolution the monitor is displaying one pixel in one pixel.  If you change the resolution it has to try and show an image where one pixel no longer displays one pixel.   If the resolution is lower it has to use multiple pixels to show one pixel and this causes distortion, or blurriness.

#3 c33rr5

c33rr5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 12 May 2018 - 05:56 AM

1440 x 900 is the native resolution. I know display port is a lot better at full hd 1920 x 1080 and where the native resolutions are above this. I just wanted to know if there will also be an improvement where the monitor has a lower native resolution of 1400 x 900 and if there is a difference between display port and vga at this 1400 x 900 native resolution.

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:26 PM

The only way to see would be to test it.  VGA should handle that resolution with no issues, but that doesn't mean that something in your VGA chain is causing it to not display as well as it could.  Updating video drivers could also help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users