Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Troubles with Safe Mode - Versions 1709 & 1803

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,908 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 PM

Posted 10 May 2018 - 11:47 PM

At first I thought this issue had to be related to Version 1803, but I'm getting the same thing going on in Version 1709 on two different HP laptops, one with an AMD A8 APU and the other with an A12 APU.

When I boot into Safe Mode, whether or not I choose "with networking" I have no network connectivity.

Also, the audio service never starts on either and on the A8 machine the troubleshooter points to Realtek drivers and AMD drivers but can find no solution when either is selected.  On the A12 machine I just get an "Audio service could not start" and "Not fixed" message from the troubleshooter.

It has been ages since I even tried to start in Safe Mode, but I know that I virtually always do so in "with networking" mode and have had a network connection.  I never recall losing sound prior to this, either.

Do either of these things happen to others?

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.  Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

~ Mark Twain

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,853 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 PM

Posted 11 May 2018 - 09:52 AM

Brian, does the following work for networking in Safe Mode? 

After booting into Safemode with Networking:

1: Click the Network icon prior to logging in as a user, you will be able to connect to a network.

2: Should the user account have auto logged in, press CTRL, ALT and DEL and then click the network icon, you will now be able to connect to a network

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/safe-mode-with-networking-windows-10-no-connection/cfa17961-67cc-4310-8784-b48dafb9c353?auth=1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users