Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Some of my pic files have been deleted,am I hacked?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 threebills

threebills

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 10 May 2018 - 07:41 PM

So i look for some files of pics,they happen o be of ex girlfriends and files are totally empty,i have 2 comps,they were only deleted on 1,and 1 of the flash drive back ups are mt(which are offline so dont know why) and it just happens to be files of ex gfs,everything else is ok,im thinking its an exs husband that sis  it? i thought ok,but on a flash drive how so? or when i copied to flash drive it wasnt there maybe....just funny how all the pics of my ex are gone,and it was 2 girls,1 of them is maried to a comp guy as a job......how can i protect my comp from being hacked best as possible? i know its always possible,but i want ot make it hard as possible to hack....i have avast and malwarebytes runing.....is it possible to get a router that can help against defense more? please help..i feel like im raped...if those pics are gone(which i dont care) what i care about is someone having accees to all my info on my comp...what can i do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 threebills

threebills
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2018 - 07:13 PM

jeez,thanks for the bleeping help.....

#3 Replicator

Replicator

• Members
  • 201 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 04 August 2018 - 12:50 AM

Help received here is a privelage, its not your right to demand.

You should phone your ex, maybe she stole em back :hysterical:

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear!
CEH, CISSP @ WhiteHat Computers Pty Ltd

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8147 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2018 - 07:49 PM

@threebills:  Tantrum throwing is really, really unattractive.

There are occasions where a request for assistance gets "lost in the mix," or there may be no one reading with the knowledge or inclination to respond.

Making a gentle bump post along the lines of, "Might anyone have an idea about this?," after a minimum of one or two days is an appropriate course of action.  What you did, months later, is not.  

By the way, your original post comes across as venting, pure and simple.  There's nothing in it that anyone could give any reasonable answer to based on the information provided.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users