Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Images in cpanel folder “Uploads” not appearing in WordPress?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Johnz414

Johnz414

• Members
  • 501 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 10 May 2018 - 01:22 PM

Hi,

I recently had a disaster playing in the cpanel like I knew what I was doing and destroyed a website of mine, pcruns.com.

Unfortunately I am just now learning the importance of Backup, Backup, Backup! (Which I am doing now for all my sites so this doesn't happen again.)

I reinstalled Wordpress and followed a suggestion I found online to copy and paste my "wp-content" folder (which was a remnant left from my original installation) so that I could use the same Theme. This worked I can use that same theme however, this folder also includes the "Upload" folder with all my images for the site.

So, now I have an "uploads" folder filled with my images but they won't appear in the Wordpress Media folder?

I've tried the suggestions pf changing the Permissions to 744 from 755, I've tried 777, nothing seems to work?

I have uploaded a few images with success into the same folder as all the other images. So, why can't I see all of the images in the Wordpress Media folder?

I do have a wp-backup of the images. I have emptied the uploads folder and tried uploading the backup but it fails every time.

Is there a way to get this to work?

Thanks for any suggestions,

John

PS The website that I destroyed is https://pcruns.com

Edited by Johnz414, 10 May 2018 - 01:25 PM.

John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users