Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I am thinking if i should do this.

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 IAMGOOD39

IAMGOOD39

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 10 May 2018 - 07:14 AM

Should i use Kasperky Internet security and Comodo Firewall(Only sandbox enabled)  and Malwarebytes(Free) as a good security setup, It will take a lot of resources? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HarryBaker

HarryBaker

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 10 May 2018 - 07:39 AM

Hi IAMGOOD39,

what is it that you are trying to secure? Is it just a home computer, work computer, remote computer etc? Also, are you trying to keep this free or are you willing to pay for a license on something?

The specs of your machine may also be needed to determine whether the above will be too resource intensive.

Kind Regards,

Harry

#3 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,449 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 10 May 2018 - 07:58 AM

what version of windows?

#4 IAMGOOD39

IAMGOOD39
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:10 AM

what version of windows?

Windows 10

Edited by IAMGOOD39, 10 May 2018 - 08:54 AM.

#5 IAMGOOD39

IAMGOOD39
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:12 AM

Hi IAMGOOD39,

what is it that you are trying to secure? Is it just a home computer, work computer, remote computer etc? Also, are you trying to keep this free or are you willing to pay for a license on something?

The specs of your machine may also be needed to determine whether the above will be too resource intensive.

Kind Regards,

Harry

#6 IAMGOOD39

IAMGOOD39
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:18 AM

Hi IAMGOOD39,

Kind Regards,

Harry

and yes i wanna pay for a license on an antivirus.

#7 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,449 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:37 AM

personally, i would ditch the kaspersky and comodo, IMO your just wasting money,

use windows defender and malwarebytes

Edited by mikey11, 10 May 2018 - 08:39 AM.

#8 IAMGOOD39

IAMGOOD39
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:42 AM

personally, i would ditch the kaspersky and comodo, IMO your just wasting money,

Thanks, I will use them both 

Edited by IAMGOOD39, 10 May 2018 - 08:59 AM.

#9 cunikcz

cunikcz

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2018 - 11:47 AM

Hi,

Kaspersky is good. But I recommend Sandboxie as Sandbox program. It's free and probably better than Comodo. And MBAM as Anti-Malware. It have verry good detection

#10 IAMGOOD39

IAMGOOD39
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2018 - 12:33 PM

Hi,

Kaspersky is good. But I recommend Sandboxie as Sandbox program. It's free and probably better than Comodo. And MBAM as Anti-Malware. It have verry good detection

Sandboxie has Auto Sandbox?

#11 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 AM

Posted 10 May 2018 - 02:28 PM

Anti-virus software which includes a firewall and other features are typically called a Security suite (package). I'm not an advocate of suites. All-in-one tools and suites are filled with extra features (including "bells & whistles") which typically use more system resources...leaving a larger footprint...and they typically cost more money. Suites tend to have varying degrees of strengths and weaknesses accorded for each feature they incorporate. Internet Security Suites include a Firewall component, which IMO is unnecessary since the Windows built-in Firewall is sufficient and provides adequate protection. Further, many folks also use a router which is essentially a hardware firewall.

For more specific information about Windows 10 Defender (Windows Defender Antivirus), see my comments in this topic and in Choosing an Anti-Virus Program.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#12 cunikcz

cunikcz

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2018 - 04:19 PM

Sandboxie has Auto Sandbox?

Only in paid version

Edited by cunikcz, 10 May 2018 - 04:20 PM.

#13 IAMGOOD39

IAMGOOD39
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2018 - 01:20 AM

but would malwarebytes(Premium) and Windows defender better?

#14 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 AM

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:16 AM

Malwarebytes 3.x Premium should run alongside Windows Defender 8/10 without conflicts.

With the launch of Malwarebytes 3.0, we are confident that you can finally replace your traditional antivirus...but rest assured, we continue to support compatibility if you choose to use a third-party antivirus or other security software alongside Malwarebytes 3.0.

Announcing Malwarebytes 3.0, a next-generation antivirus replacement

...all of our technologies can replace antivirus if a customer wishes to do so...in Malwarebytes 3.0, with the addition of the three signature-less anti-exploit layers and the signature-less anti-ransomware layer, Malwarebytes defense against real-world threats has finally surpassed that of the traditional AVs... For our users who do prefer to continue using a traditional antivirus alongside Malwarebytes, by all means please continue to do so. Malwarebytes will always maintain compatibility with all major security software on the market, both free and paid. In particular, Microsofts traditional antivirus Windows Defender is included by default and for free with Windows 8 and 10, and is a useful additional layer alongside Malwarebytes 3.0.

Malwarebytes 3.0 FAQs: Antivirus Replacement

By default, Malwarebytes automatically decides whether or not to register itself with Windows Action Center settings based on your system. You can override this behavior in Malwarebytes > Settings > Application tab and choose to "Never register Malwarebytes in the Windows Action Centre"There are members of the Microsoft community who recommend only to use the free version of Malwarebytes as a stand-alone scanner to avoid possible conflicts. Although there have been some reports from Windows Defender users that it will not work when Malwarebytes Premium is installed, others have indicated the two products work fine together so you may need to experiment and add exclusions. See How to Run Malwarebytes Alongside Another Antivirus.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#15 IAMGOOD39

IAMGOOD39
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:33 AM

Malwarebytes 3.x Premium should run alongside Windows Defender 8/10 without conflicts.

With the launch of Malwarebytes 3.0, we are confident that you can finally replace your traditional antivirus...but rest assured, we continue to support compatibility if you choose to use a third-party antivirus or other security software alongside Malwarebytes 3.0.

Announcing Malwarebytes 3.0, a next-generation antivirus replacement

...all of our technologies can replace antivirus if a customer wishes to do so...in Malwarebytes 3.0, with the addition of the three signature-less anti-exploit layers and the signature-less anti-ransomware layer, Malwarebytes defense against real-world threats has finally surpassed that of the traditional AVs... For our users who do prefer to continue using a traditional antivirus alongside Malwarebytes, by all means please continue to do so. Malwarebytes will always maintain compatibility with all major security software on the market, both free and paid. In particular, Microsofts traditional antivirus Windows Defender is included by default and for free with Windows 8 and 10, and is a useful additional layer alongside Malwarebytes 3.0.

Malwarebytes 3.0 FAQs: Antivirus Replacement

By default, Malwarebytes automatically decides whether or not to register itself with Windows Action Center settings based on your system. You can override this behavior in Malwarebytes > Settings > Application tab and choose to "Never register Malwarebytes in the Windows Action Centre" There are members of the Microsoft community who recommend only to use the free version of Malwarebytes as a stand-alone scanner to avoid possible conflicts. Although there have been some reports from Windows Defender users that it will not work when Malwarebytes Premium is installed, others have indicated the two products work fine together so you may need to experiment and add exclusions. See How to Run Malwarebytes Alongside Another Antivirus.

Should i use Microsoft edge along with Windows defender ?  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users