Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Oddity when powered up computer music played from no source or app found...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 leis

leis

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 AM

Posted 09 May 2018 - 10:36 PM

I have windows 7 64 bit, Dell Optiplex 980 SSD Intel 5 cpu, and powered up PC and went into a site to play news/video and music took over the audio of the video, even though in the background you could see the host talking but now some rap music was blaring out and i shut off video and looked at what ever programs in the Task Manager was running and saw or found nothing unusual or out of place, no windows media was playing-nada! And then since that happened, i went and ran the Antivirus with nothing found or as far as I can tell nothing's unusual. But each time i close a window or from shifting to say-this site from the last or whatever window i closed there's a beep sound much like a microphone sound on old tape recorders (that kind of beep) as if i hit the sound or was attempting to play sound or audio.

Is this trippy?   By the way, Quantum Firefox 60 has just been upgraded or the browser upgraded itself....perhaps it's something to do with Firefox??

I'm posting this here tonight, as Bleeping's always been like the 'Triple A' is to vehicles when it comes to trouble or possible issues concerning malware +/or the like.

Any suggestions or ideas appreciated as to the mystery of 'take over' playing music when powering up computer o r attempting to watch video etc...

Edited by hamluis, 10 May 2018 - 05:48 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users