Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Did a All in One windows repair, Now a hot mess !

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mom23kidz

mom23kidz

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 AM

Posted 09 May 2018 - 10:20 PM

So I did a (all in one windows repair) on my own. Or so I thought it was successful.

My audio and video was then working just fine.

Now my pc is a hot mess.

All I keep getting now is default errors, driver errors!

Along with this newbie >>>> There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80070006)

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Edited by mom23kidz, 09 May 2018 - 10:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 AM

Posted 09 May 2018 - 10:51 PM

Do you have a System restore point you can go back to ?

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 mom23kidz

mom23kidz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2018 - 11:18 PM

I tried. It only goes back to May 5th 2018

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,133 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2018 - 11:38 PM

Why did you run the tool ?....what was your pc doing, or not doing...?

have you rebooted many times...or only once.?....in the older iterations of All in One.....a few reboots helped. (fingers crossed here....no guarantees)

You  have choices.

Reset Windows 10     READ the article and any links before.

Post a topic at Tweaking.com/support....HERE

(tweaking.com own the all in one repair tool)...tell them you downloaded at BleepingComputer

Edited by Condobloke, 09 May 2018 - 11:40 PM.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#5 mom23kidz

mom23kidz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2018 - 11:41 PM

My pc wouldn't play any video or audio unless I restarted it. The after about 1/2 hour, they wouldn't work again.

Then I ran the all in one. I'm honestly not sure if I did it right. I rebooted a few times.

Resetting Windows 10? What will that do? Lose all my files?

#6 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,133 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2018 - 12:18 AM

There is a choice to either keep your files....or remove everything.

Be aware that any programs or apps that you have installed will be removed.

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/reset-windows-10-pc

ignore suggestion to 'clean the drives'

If you are unsure......piost a topic over at tweaking.com

They are good people,,they will help

Click either "Keep my files" or "Remove everything," depending on whether you want to keep your data files intact. Either way, all of your settings will return to their defaults and apps will be uninstalled.

GcnI1aH.jpg

#7 snipers

snipers

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 14 May 2018 - 11:48 PM

yah  i hav a all in on dll, about 3 months old now, i di acompltr rpair also.  ndd up with abut 20 programs that wr lft bundld up ontthd dktop, sorrry th ltt  dos not work onthis kyboard.  but thos bundls ar still thr , i would  lik to rinstall thn but dll  tls m i had tobuy a xpnsiv program to do it, thy dont do that, i askd asbout th warranty thy said it dos not a[pply to that problm so i still hav 20 programs bundldup  on th dsktop     hop you gt your problms,  i do li  th all n on though.. 

#8 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 6,350 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2018 - 09:38 AM

Please post the Model of your computer and which Operating System it came with.

And use THESE DIRECTIONS to run Speccy and Post the results here.

Personally I don't run tools I don't understand, or do so knowing there may be difficulties and make sure to have a backup.  Or get/ask for help running the tool.  Hopefully you did not lose any important files. 

HAVE YOU BACKED UP ALL YOUR FILES YET?  DO THIS BEFORE MOVING FORWARD.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users