Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Enabling Hardware Virtualization In BIOS

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 555Scott666

555Scott666

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 09 May 2018 - 10:37 AM

Hello, this is my first post on here so if i've dont anything wrong please tell me so i can fix it :)

Okay so im trying to run a VM - virtualbox and i keep getting the error 

VT-x/AMD-V hardware acceleration is not available on your system. Certain guests (e.g. OS/2 and QNX) require this feature and will fail to boot without it.

And i need to enable virtuilisation in my BIOS settings so i attempted to do so but i can't find the virtualization setting in my BIOS menu, ive been trying since yesterday.

Im using insydeh20 rev 3.7 BIOS menu if you need any more info or pictures of my bios i can provide.

- I have also checked and my PC can handle hardware virtualization. 

Edited by hamluis, 09 May 2018 - 12:43 PM.
Moved from Internal Hardware to VMs - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DataMedic

DataMedic

Authorized DataMedic Rep

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 09 May 2018 - 02:47 PM

What model of laptop is it?  Many have hidden advanced BIOS menus that require a certain key to be pressed to see the menu.

#3 555Scott666

555Scott666
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 09 May 2018 - 03:43 PM

What model of laptop is it?  Many have hidden advanced BIOS menus that require a certain key to be pressed to see the menu.

https://imgur.com/a/Z0TOLkW Everything here you can see the infomation tab 

#4 MasterNe0

MasterNe0

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 20 June 2018 - 01:23 PM

I know this is a bit of a old post but it due to the BIOS your using.

Your CPU probably supports virtualization but because your using a easynote, the bios seems to be downgraded to where some of the normal functions/features in BIOS is hidden.

Only way would be to try upgrading the BIOS but never done it on a easynote.

If you look online on google, you can see some others asking similar questions with their easynotes and running into a similar problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users