Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hello I'm new!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Noctua

Noctua

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 08 May 2018 - 11:42 AM

I can sum myself up in a very few words....old, tired and interested in computers.

I could also sum myself up and several more sentences!

I'm male 62 and from a moderately sized city in the heart of England

I am single and, as they so quaintly put it, I am "unwaged"

which means I have quite a lot of free time which I devote to improving myself. I have enrolled on an Open University Spanish course! I have also become active with my local u3a group (University of the 3rd age) for retired and semi-retired.

I like to think of myself as quite advanced when it comes to computers but in saying that I should be honest and say my advanced claim refers to building them rather than actually using them! This proven by my discovering "bleepingcomputer" existed when I tried to find out the reason Malwarebytes was treating Iobits Advanced System Care as an enemy. Reading through a number of posts on this splendid place I immediately uninstalled ASC along with its companion Driver updater and Disk Defragger! Snake oil and hokum I am reliably informed....well all gone now!

Right, OK, I am very approachable and friendly chap. Always willing to take advice and often just as willing to give my opinion.

I want to add that this is clearly an international forum so let me be straightforward and completely open here................I am enthused by computerws but I am passionate about football. I mean the American version on the gridiron, and there is ONLY one team in the NFL that holds my allegiance and that is the New England Patriots! Go Pats!

If you disagree I will be happy to settle the manner as gentlemen. Pistols, swords or a stick of rhubarb. Just please not at dawn, that's when the sun comes up and this Noctua will be in bed! (for explanation of Noctua please see the post on definitions of user names qv.)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 09 May 2018 - 03:07 AM

Hi :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

As a new member be sure to read the Welcome to Bleeping Computer! Guide and the following...

Linux users.

Best regards,
The BC Staff

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users