Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop issue.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 aaron283

aaron283

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 08 May 2018 - 10:10 AM

My current laptop is a Medion x7851 and I have an issue I have been unable to resolve myself. The laptop came with absolutely no indication of how to operate or manage the motherboard or where to locate any parts either. It's also less than four months old and has had no accidental damage or spillages to indicate damage.

Basically it started yesterday morning with the laptop just shutting itself down within a minute of turning the laptop on. There are no warnings or logs anywhere, no blue screen errors just an instant shut down. About an hour went by of me trying to figure out what the hell was happening, when a continuous loud beep started emitting from inside the laptop. There is absolutely no pattern to these beeps it's random sometimes it can be less than 20 or more than 30 after which it stops and the laptop shuts down.

Fast forward too today, the laptop stays on longer as long as it isn't plugged up to the wall and on charge which to me indicates that when it's in a lowered state of power it takes longer for whatever the issue is to flair up. Now to the interesting part, i pulled the back off and took out the internal battery (Battery is located inside with this model) and I am running the laptop of AC power for now and it seems to be running fine. I tried asking Medion if they have had any issues like this before and the support was  absolutely laughable, he did not understand what I was talking about nor did he know what to say infact besides reinstalling windows, the basics. My question is could an internal defective battery be the cause of the beeps and the issues I was experiencing or are their more underlying issues I need to look at?

Edited by aaron283, 08 May 2018 - 10:11 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,688 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 08 May 2018 - 10:17 AM

If it's less than 4 months old, it should be returned to place of purchase for warranty (generally Aldi for a Medion). It certainly seems likely that the battery is creating the problem, but it's equally possible that the charge control circuitry or the PSU have a fault.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,448 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 08 May 2018 - 10:43 AM

it could be overheating....computers turn off like that all of a sudden if they start getting too hot to prevent damage,

are you using the laptop in different areas of your home?....resting it on different surfaces?

the surface it is resting on can affect the cooling of the computer,

a laptop should always be used on a firm flat surface...never place it directly on your lap or on a blanket

Edited by mikey11, 08 May 2018 - 10:44 AM.

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:37 PM

I'd agree with the over heating assessment, something in the battery charging portion.  That would explain why you don't have the issue with the battery removed or when running on the battery.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users