Recently (2days ago) I noticed my laptop slowing down and a lot of heating.
- In task manager there was an unnamed process which showed itself as svchost in Details tab with PID 5548 consuming a lot of resources (located in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\svchost.exe)
- I could suspend the process called sppsvc.exe in resource monitor and get a some breathing room for my cpu.
- I googled the issue and found that windows update might solve the problem.
- I was on WIN10 pro 1607 anniversary edition---> updated to RS 4 1803 yesterday ( with the setting ' keep all data and apps')
- all was fine until today afternoon when 2 new unnamed processes started up consuming cpu again
- I used process explorer to find their details but it said ' access is denied'
- They don't even have any services of their own. and I'm afraid they may be miners
- they stop and go idle sometimes for a short period of time.
- and yes I did install 1-2 software as keygens for reimagerepair tool which DID contain adware...I have uninstalled then within a few mins.
- I have also done most of the solutions I got by google..none seemed to work
- now there are four of them....but not using any cpu
- Only thing saves me is the suspend feature of Resource Monitor
Any help will be appreciated .. Thank you