Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 Freezes, Can't Complete Malwarebytes Scans

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Unknown450

Unknown450

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 07 May 2018 - 01:51 PM

Hello! So lately out of nowhere my pc will randomly freeze. It starts in my web browsers I will notice a site is not loading(at first making me think its an internet issue) but then everything else freezes up, browsers, programs, PC etc. making me do a hard PC restart.

Today I tried to do a scan with Malwarebytes but it never completes. It freezes up halfway through and I noticed it's when it scans a file named Kdcom.dll that it crashes everytime. Located in my main SSD drive.

At first I thought maybe it was a corrupted file, so I did the sfc /scannow. After I did that it did say it found corrupted files and that they were repaired and that needed reboot pc to complete.

Well after the PC reboots my PC gets stuck on the Windows 10 Welcome screen, it doesn't let me in. I can't get pass that screen. Clicking "Sign In" does nothing. So I had to then do a system restore after that I could get into PC/Windows. I had hoped all was well after that.

But I ran Malwarebytes and again it crashes when scans the Kdcom.dll file.

So now I'm out of ideas. Hoping one of you can help me. I don't use any antivirus except for the one built into Windows 10, the Defender.

EDIT: Tried MBAM again and still freezes halfway but this time wasn't on Kdcom.dll it was another dll file but in the same WINSXS folder. Guessing that's where the corrupted files or virus is at.

Screen_Hunter_81_May_07_15_09.jpg

Edited by Unknown450, 07 May 2018 - 03:24 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users