Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 Freezes Randomly

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Magdalena

Magdalena

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 07 May 2018 - 10:12 AM

Since install of Windows 10, the computer will freeze completely. At times the sound will freeze with it in a repetitive reverberation. Other times the freeze is silent. It does not have any consistency to the freezing. It will freeze while gaming, freeze while browsing, it's even frozen right on startup at Windows 10 login screen. It's not consistent either, I've gone a full day without it freezing, and other days it will freeze up to 4-5 times in a day. Once in a great while it will freeze with the sound and then come out of it quickly, but the majority of the time, it requires a hard restart. I never have any BSOD with it or any other error code that comes on screen.

Things I've done so far:

I originally came to the conclusion that it was from using AVAST anti-virus as other forums have stated some issues with it. So I replaced it with Norton. And for the time the freezes decreased in frequency as it was nearly 1 every hour. But they never fully stopped.

I've always kept windows updated, I've always kept my video card drivers updated. I've run command prompt sfc /scannow (as admin and had no issues). I've scanned for virus's. All things different windows forums have stated. 

I'm at a bit of a loss on what step to take next and know you guys have always been extremely helpful. Any ideas where to start would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Magdalena

Magdalena
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:02 PM

So far the only things I'm unsure about are the motherboard drivers. I have a Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 Rev 4.0. I've updated all the drivers that are current to 64-bit Windows 10 which included the basics, ethernet, SATA, USB 3.0, Soundcard. The BIOS is a version F2 and the driver's are not working for a 64-bit system. There were no available chipset drivers for Windows 10 64-bit either. Though i did install some chipset drivers from AMD for my AMD FX-8350 CPU. The freezing is more frequent as of late which I want to blame on a Windows Update but truthfully I made sure it was up to date because of the freezing. I'm truly at a loss.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users