Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista Rc2, English 32-bit Edition

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 AM

Posted 07 October 2006 - 02:23 PM

http://download.windowsvista.com/preview/rc2/en/download.htm
JC

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 indiandan

indiandan

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 PM

Posted 08 October 2006 - 12:29 AM

installed vista rc2,would not do upgrade from rc1 so did fresh install.but cant get it to activate.it say this numbers is all ready in use.does any one know the number to call mircosoft so i can activate it.so far that seems to be the only problem i am having with it.rc2 appears to be a lot more reponsive than rc1.

Edited by indiandan, 08 October 2006 - 12:32 AM.

Dan Hollingsworth
A+ certified
Mircosoft certified professional

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2006 - 09:33 AM

http://adacosta.spaces.live.com/blog/cns&#...!9709.entry
About 1/3 of the way down this page

Windows Vista refuses to activate:

This could be a result of a time out session on the Server, you are not connected to the Internet, or you are working in offline mode. If you still experience problems activating, I recommend you try again later, you have a grace period of 30 days, so immediate activation of the software is not mandatory or necessary, just make sure it is done within the grace period or the software will go into reduced functional mode and require activation before continued use. Alternatively you can choose to activate by telephone by choosing the Automated phone system option on the Activation wizard.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 indiandan

indiandan

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2006 - 09:42 AM

went to that web site didnt help,the activation wizard only say this number in use.does not give any phone # to call mircosoft to try and get it activated,have done this many time with xp so i know the process.tryed every i can thing of.
Dan Hollingsworth
A+ certified

#5 indiandan

indiandan

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2006 - 10:26 AM

got it activated i disconnect internet connection then the wizard show telephone # to call,olny problem is you have to talk to a real person,not the automated voice.
Dan Hollingsworth
A+ certified

#6 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2006 - 02:35 PM