Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to put widget icon on dock in mac x

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MaryBet82

MaryBet82

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 PM

Posted 06 May 2018 - 01:16 PM

I still have mac 10.6.8. I accidentally whooshed my widget icon off of the dock and I can't fine any info on how to get it back via my mac how to book or google. I can open widgets w/ F12, but can't find any put in dock options there.

Anyone remember from back in the old days when they had 10.6.8?

mac 10.6 on macbook pro
WinXP sp2 on Dell 380 w/ 512 MB RAM- currently dead in the water
WinXP tab ed sp 3 on Thinkpad X41 w/ 1.5 GB RAM - lemony flavored
Win2K Sp4 on Sony VAIO GXR600 w/ 512 MB RAM - currently blue screening

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 710 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 07 May 2018 - 01:09 AM

Do you mean the Dashboard icon? It should be in the Applications folder. Launch it from Applications > click and hold it's dock icon > Keep in Dock. I think that's how it's done?

#3 MaryBet82

MaryBet82
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 PM

Posted 09 May 2018 - 12:32 PM

Thanks Buddyme2. Yes, Dashboard is what I meant and there it was in Applications where I looked for it at least 3 times before . I thought I remembered that you drag an application icon to the dock to get it to reside there but I couldn't get that to work. Right clicks and creating an alias and dragging that, copying the alias and trying to paste on the dock - all duds. Finally I just kept dragging the Dashboard icon aiming for the dock and it finally nestled itself on the dock. I click on it a lot because the time on the monitor is too small to read without going eyeball to eyeball w/ it. [HD monitors are bad] And to get the current weather. And to use the dictionary.

Somehow when I was experimenting on ways to get the dashboard back on the dock within dashboard [F12] I got the address book icon on the dock. When I drag it off the dock it just springs back. No Rclick option to remove from dock. If I do it accidentally it will probably work.

PS: In my attempts to drag off Address book I had opened it and that is why it kept springing back.

Edited by MaryBet82, 09 May 2018 - 12:35 PM.

mac 10.6 on macbook pro
WinXP sp2 on Dell 380 w/ 512 MB RAM- currently dead in the water
WinXP tab ed sp 3 on Thinkpad X41 w/ 1.5 GB RAM - lemony flavored
Win2K Sp4 on Sony VAIO GXR600 w/ 512 MB RAM - currently blue screening

#4 Twin B

Twin B

• Members
  • 260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 PM

Posted 09 May 2018 - 10:16 PM

Sometimes these machines can drive you nuts. 

I've learned blood is not thicker than money. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users