Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xubuntu is easy to use.. :D but i still think alot of things.. :/

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 -FireBlazer-

-FireBlazer-

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 AM

Posted 06 May 2018 - 03:17 AM

So i've installed Xubuntu 18.04 on all my machines (7) but it isn't the official iso. i have downloaded it from some youtube guy (Linux & other Stuff)

This is the final build of he's iso. file from xubuntu 18.04 (https://drive.google.com/file/d/19aww4bnMBQLN3Nvg5TPT9rdKrVmvvLh6/view)

because it has all the things that i want (Google chrome, OBS, Steam, and other things..) but i don't have verified the iso. or checked it for viruses.. can someone verify/check it for viruses for me? because i think i did something wrong with installing an iso. from someone else.. orn't? but all the things works fine.. i also finded a solution to fix my Resolution-issue's.. :) Hope somebody can help me :P

Cheers

Edited by -FireBlazer-, 06 May 2018 - 04:09 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Viper_Security

Viper_Security

• Members
  • 826 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 06 May 2018 - 03:22 AM

Did the file come with an MD5 hash?

Also if you're worried about it, you can download and install the official one from their website:

IT Auditor & Security Professional

hQBT2G3.png

#3 -FireBlazer-

-FireBlazer-
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2018 - 03:46 AM

Did the file come with an MD5 hash?

Also if you're worried about it, you can download and install the official one from their website:

i've downloaded this one because, it has already everything what i need. :s the SHA256sum is: 5c7bcfe17150cc2afeced450ab5cf8ef09b66f947629aa8474e4552e9ac55d63

i checked it.. but i have asked to the guy from youtube if he have an SHA256sum to, then i can check these..

Edited by -FireBlazer-, 06 May 2018 - 04:10 AM.

#4 The-Toolman

The-Toolman

• Members
  • 1,344 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 06 May 2018 - 04:50 AM

You're a trusting soul to download from someone who's on Youtube.

Here's the official Xubuntu down iso.

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/xubuntu/releases/18.04/release/

As for downloading Google Chrome if it isn't in the repository than you can download the deb file from Google.

I'm grumpy because I can be not because I'm old.

The world is what you make of it, if it doesn't fit, you make alterations.

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.  (Mark Twain)

#5 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,863 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 PM

Posted 06 May 2018 - 08:50 AM

i've downloaded this one because, it has already everything what i need. :s the SHA256sum is: 5c7bcfe17150cc2afeced450ab5cf8ef09b66f947629aa8474e4552e9ac55d63

i checked it.. but i have asked to the guy from youtube if he have an SHA256sum to, then i can check these..

You can easily install all that stuff yourself with the help from people on the forums.  And he removed Firefox, but I always like to keep firefox on board, it's a very good browser, why anyone would remove it is beyond me?

I don't understand, you checked the hash, but then you are asking him for it?

The Hash won't help for inserted malware if it comes from the creator, he seems legit though.

O-yeah, what does this mean? ":D" and this ":/" as I understand it your not really supposed to use this kind of internet slang on this forum because then folks need to go to the web just to find out what it means.  Better if you just use the Emojis

Edited by pcpunk, 06 May 2018 - 08:56 AM.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

#6 Viper_Security

Viper_Security

• Members
  • 826 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 06 May 2018 - 01:21 PM

Spoiler

I always download the ISO from the official website, then I make sure the Checksum matches before I make the bootable USB.

And most programs that you want can be installed using a ".deb" file or terminal commands, eg, sudo apt-get install "name_of_program"

IT Auditor & Security Professional

hQBT2G3.png

#7 -FireBlazer-

-FireBlazer-
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2018 - 01:43 PM

Spoiler

I always download the ISO from the official website, then I make sure the Checksum matches before I make the bootable USB.

And most programs that you want can be installed using a ".deb" file or terminal commands, eg, sudo apt-get install "name_of_program"

i've decided to use the original iso. from the xubuntu site, and searching around for these programs  :guitar:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users