Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Build 1803 questions

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SumTingWong

SumTingWong

• Banned
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 AM

Posted 05 May 2018 - 02:48 PM

I just have a question. Do any of you guys that are on Build 1803 see any suspended status processes in the Task Manager such as Cortana and Windows Shell Experience Host? What does that mean by the way? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Goddess_Bastet

Goddess_Bastet

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 05 May 2018 - 03:22 PM

Yes I noticed the green leaf, I think it means the process is waiting for instruction/waiting to run.

#3 SumTingWong

SumTingWong
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2018 - 04:40 PM

Yes I noticed the green leaf, I think it means the process is waiting for instruction/waiting to run.

Does your Edge running in the background in Task Manager automatically when you log on to your computer when you set Edge as your default browser? 

Edited by SumTingWong, 05 May 2018 - 04:41 PM.

#4 jenae

jenae

• Members
  • 884 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 PM

Posted 05 May 2018 - 08:12 PM

Hi, this function is by design, been in windows since 8. New style apps can be suspended, this ensures they do not consume memory and CPU power when they are not in use. Resource monitor shows these in blue if you open CPU. I have classic shell so the windows GUI controller "shell Experience Host" is usually suspended.There is nothing wrong with your computer. 

#5 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 AM

Posted 05 May 2018 - 08:16 PM

Cortana is also often suspended if you earlier "neutered" Cortana to turn of the Personal Digital Assistant options when that was possible through settings.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Presenting the willfully ignorant with facts is the very definition of casting pearls before swine.

~ Brian Vogel

#6 SumTingWong

SumTingWong
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2018 - 03:18 PM

Do any of you guys that are on Build 1803 get the Smartscreen can't be reached when you download an app and try to run it? 

#7 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 AM

Posted 06 May 2018 - 04:59 PM

Yes.  The SmartScreen unavailable error (when one obviously has an internet connection) has occurred for me on two different machines I upgraded to Version 1803 and I suspect it would occur on the other two I haven't installed anything on as well.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Presenting the willfully ignorant with facts is the very definition of casting pearls before swine.

~ Brian Vogel

#8 SumTingWong

SumTingWong
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:32 PM

Yes.  The SmartScreen unavailable error (when one obviously has an internet connection) has occurred for me on two different machines I upgraded to Version 1803 and I suspect it would occur on the other two I haven't installed anything on as well.

I just want to double check to make sure that I am not the only one that got this error. I find it is very annoying to me every time I try to install an app this Smartscreen error pop up. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users