Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer keeps crashing and freezing - help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 urzuz

urzuz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 05 May 2018 - 02:39 PM

Hi everyone,

sorry in advance, I am completely computer illiterate but I am out of ideas and need some help.

Around a week ago my computer started crashing.  It has only happened while I am playing a game or something, albeit that is what I am doing the majority of the time while I am on this computer.

While playing, my computer would completely freeze, unresponsive to everything except for turning it off.  Weirdly, after turning it off, sometimes when I turned it on the computer would not boot up (the light would turn on, but no loading screen of the BIOS, windows, etc...just a black screen with sometimes a small DOS-looking cursor flickering in the upper left).  I would turn it off, wait a bit more, then turn it on, and usually windows would start then.  This happened a couple times over the course of a few days, and then started happening multiple times a day.  I took my computer out of this little cabinet it was sitting in, thinking it may be overheating, but it kept happening.

I then updated the drivers to my graphics card yesterday.  Since doing that, the above crashed haven't happened, but now my computer just will restart itself sometimes while playing (ie: it won't freeze, but just restart as if I had hit the reset button).

Any help would be much appreciated.  Again, I am really sorry but I am completely computer dense, but I really really do appreciate all the time and energy you all devote to helping others like me.

Please let me know what other info you need from me

EDIT: I googled how to tell if my comptuer crashed, and I came across this "reliability monitor" program.  Below is one of the critical events from it, copied+pasted

Description
A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 141
Parameter 1: ffff86078cae84a0
Parameter 2: fffff80a11b96b2c
Parameter 3: 0
Parameter 4: 2cac
OS version: 10_0_16299
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
OS Version: 10.0.16299.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 1033

Edited by urzuz, 05 May 2018 - 02:41 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pantera2049

pantera2049

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 06 May 2018 - 09:41 AM

HI!

Did you solve the problem somehow ?

If not .. Try to delete hibernation file an reboot the windows.

Try to turn off the system and unplug it ... after a minute plug it in and  turn the system on...

what happens?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users