Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desktop - Blank Screen on Boot, where to start sorting?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Alchad

Alchad

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 AM

Posted 05 May 2018 - 09:15 AM

Hi,

I've got a old desktop PC I built myself quite a few years back which I keep as a spare. Its based on an Abit AB9 Pro motherboard and a Pentium 4 CPU (from memory), it has a SSD as the main hard drive for the operating system and a standard hard drive for photos.. music etc.

A few months back I borrowed the SSD for another project I was playing about with but took an ISO image of the contents. I've just got another SSD and copied the ISO to that and re-installed it into the Desktop.

The first time I switched on I got a message "checksum error"  which I've had before when playing with PC's and quite often it means that something is wrong with the BIOS setting and I've gone into the BIOS and managed to sort things out. This time however the next time I tried to switch on, the screen was blank and I got a "no video signal" message. There is a LCD "POST" display on the motherboard which the manual says is ""AWARD BIOS takes over booting job".

​Even if I'd made a mess of installing the ISO on the new SSD, I would have thought I should still get the BIOS screen to appear?

​I've tried installing a new BIOS chip and have swapped over the PCI Express video card from my working desktop but still get the blank screen.

​Next on my list is to try a second hand CPU which I've just bought for a few pounds on Ebay, but failing that all I can think of is something wrong with the motherboard itself.

​Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions?

​Thanks

Alchad

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users