Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win7 64bit - error message after failed video driver installation

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mudpie210

mudpie210

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 04 May 2018 - 09:18 PM

Tried to recently update my Radeon RX 580.  For some reason my computer had an error and had to restart the first time.  I noticed that I was having some issues launching some games.  So I uninstalled the driver using control panel and then installed the previous driver that worked for me back onto my computer.  Another error.  And now after restarting my computer every once in a while randomly error messages keep popping back up. 

The first error message reads as follows:  "amddvr.exe - Bad Image"  "C:\Windows\system32\amfrt64.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error.  Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support."

The second error reads:  "vrserver.exe - Bad Image"  "C:\Windows\system32\mantleaxl64.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error.  Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support."

I'm trying to play a game with my oculus rift and so that leads me to believe that is somehow related to the second error message referring to "vrserver.exe".  I am completely clueless though as to what the problem is and how to fix it.  Help would be very greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pantera2049

pantera2049

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 PM

Posted 06 May 2018 - 10:19 AM

hi!

try to scan your pc in safe mode with updated malwarebyes and clean the pc - if it finds something.

a paccy log will help - please.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users